Need Diagnosis - Nute Burn? N Deficiency?

flexy123

I am not new to growing but this has me stumped and now I need help.
Some info:

I have two feminized growing, one is Black Domina (the problem strain in question) and the other Bubble Gum. I USUALLY don't ever run into growing troubles but this one is BAD, very bad.

* I am growing in crazy heat and direct sun, temps are currently 95F+ (40C)

* The other strain does not show any problems whatsoever, only the Black Domina.

* When I put them outdoors, in "normal" Cannabis pre-fertilized potting mix, I didn't feed anything for about 1 month. (Which is usually the time where they can use whatever nutes are in the soil)

* As soon as I put the strains out, the one strain showed signs like yellowing and crumbling on maybe a couple of branches, which AT FIRST I though is from heat burn or the cats having pissed on some leaves. (This was after I put them up on the roof from the green house). So I was not concerned too much at first.

* More and more BOTTOM leaves got yellow and then crumbly, so at first it looked like a classic N deficiency to me.

* But then these yellow edges and brown spots, it doesn't look like a N deficiency to me...but also like nute burn.

* Now I am tending potassium deficiency?
--> Bottom line I AM NOT SURE WHAT IT IS, whether it's nute burn or potassium deficiency.

The plants are still in veg, and after one month out there I started feeding, my only nute is Floranova Bloom (which I use for 2+ years with all other strains without problems). I am using 1ml FNB per L water. Since this is a rather low (?) amount I sorta cannot see this being nute burn?

* There was a short period where I had my water pH too low for 2-3 waterings, like 5.0...but I corrected this in the meantime.

* You see that the plant looks like CRAP! It has lost many of the lower leaves. Never had a plant having such problems.

* New growth at the top...as far as I can tell looks fine. But I am still not sure whether it's nute burn or some deficiency, so right now I don't know really what to do.

Thanks!
darn.jpg

Edit: I am really embarrassed because it's actually my job to write about weed growing and I should know this stuff. I am now almost positive it is potassium deficiency but feel free to correct me.

Maybe a bigger pot would help her roots, they probably have outgrown the one they are in?

Fresh compost and more room usually solves issues like this.

Bat Guano is an excellent Potassium source. Palm ashes provide an optimal phosphorus ratio.

Seaweed extract and Epsom salts are useful additives for maintaining general plant health and wonderful flowers.

I was thinking bigger pots but I had actually grown successfully already with even smaller pots, so I don't think the pots are a problem. (Not saying that bigger ones would hurt tho...)
From some more reading, I am right now betting it's potassium def (they even mention it can be tricky because it MAY look like nute burn as well, like here). Just in case, I just flushed them both with phed water and then gave a "normal" dose of FNB. The other strain (not in the picture) doesn't show ANY signs of troubles whatsoever.

Edit: I *may* still put them in bigger pots tho...they didn't even start to stretch yet...

Back
Top Bottom