Need experienced growers

Old G

Ok I have a problem I’m sure you don’t hear often, it’s my first grow please excuse my ignorance. I found my seed and decided to see if I could grow my own. I went to my local garden store and bought a 50watt equivalent LED . Started my grow, shortly thereafter I bought another grow lite. The more I read I realized I needed more lite. I purchased 2 more 65 equivalent leds, I got desk lamps to put the lites in. The lites have been on my armoire against the wall with the plant on the side against the wall. During my inspection today I realized that the buds are white with trichomes only on the side facing out, I just assumed the buds were growing uniformly , never even giving it a thought that the lites were different strength and one side of the buds are maturing faster than the other. WTF do I do know, I took the gro which gave off white lite and replaced it with one that gives off pink lite the others are all blu colored. I feel like such an idiot, I knew things were going to smoothly, any ideas other than I’m f$$$$$. The other side is full of resin just the trichomes are clear, unfortunately for me I have 10 large buds on the main stem, their all white on one side

Well, you have some options. One, depending on how long they still have to go (and how big the plant is too I guess), you could start rotating the plant regularly so that it gets the light more evenly. Two, you could just plan to do a rolling harvest, basically taking each bud as and when it is done only. Three, you could get a stronger light or lights that will light the plant up more uniformly, and depending on how long you have left it might even out.
If you do go with a rolling harvest, you will likely need to reduce watering and food after buds are removed.

Well, you have some options. One, depending on how long they still have to go (and how big the plant is too I guess), you could start rotating the plant regularly so that it gets the light more evenly. Two, you could just plan to do a rolling harvest, basically taking each bud as and when it is done only. Three, you could get a stronger light or lights that will light the plant up more uniformly, and depending on how long you have left it might even out.
If you do go with a rolling harvest, you will likely need to reduce watering and food after buds are removed.
I believe I’m too far along

I believe I’m too far along

6A32AC91-7040-44E6-905E-334A3F1FA82B.jpeg

94123DF8-1FE5-432F-9213-978E9B3BB91B.jpeg

DAA25D74-BE75-4325-9B45-9406CDE7C5D1.png

One op then i guess turn it around let it finish up the other way around.. ;)
Yea the more I think about it this is my only alternative, I was so worried about spider mites the thought that the plant wasn’t maturing evenly never entered my mind

I was turning the plant this morning and a branch broke off , it was covered in a web. Couldn’t believe it, I washed the buds and hung them, I ended up rearranging my lites , the plant is too top heavy . These freaking mites are relentless, I sprayed again. Just waiting for the plant to ripen so I can harvest, I’m thinking 2 weeks if I’m lucky

My first grow had a lot of pitfalls, I broke the main stem and had to tape her back together, spider mites throughout my grow, now I realized I had different lite strength on the buds.
Was it worth it, absolutely, all the problems I’ve had are just gonna make the pot taste that much better. I washed and hung a nice bud today, it’s big and still only a 1/3 of the size of my other buds, my buds are full of resin and frosted , well on one side anyway.
I’m done pissing money away at the dispensary, I’m sure this pot will be as good if not better than anything I purchased there.Not for nothing it’s supposed to be used for health issues, it gets expensive having to keep your prescription current , and at 60 bucks an eighth, a lot of disabled people can’t afford to buy med pot.
I’m 100% hooked on growing my own, it’s fun , I find it therapeutic, when you plant a seed and watch it grow over 6 months and you finally get the fruits of all your hard work, sense of accomplishment, a sense of my bank account is 3 to 4hundred ahead every month.
I started with a plastic drink cup and a 10 dollar lite and ended up with this, I’m very happy, can’t imagine how good it must feel to get 10ozs outta of a grow, I’m thinking I have an oz , maybe oz and a half

A49901B0-E894-4C78-9D22-3C10D8B50688.jpeg

446E2544-014F-44E2-AF9F-D51276D36023.jpeg

C10A3ABA-552A-4DDD-89EC-2C9B6C67AEB2.jpeg

All these issues are things we all deal with at some point mate.My advice get yourself a litttle setup small tent a p600/1000.Your be good to go might help keep those nasty borg away to. ;) Glad your making it to the end

All these issues are things we all deal with at some point mate.My advice get yourself a litttle setup small tent a p600/1000.Your be good to go might help keep those nasty borg away to. ;) Glad your making it to the end
Thank you, I wanna grow 3 plants next grow , I definitely can’t do it with my setup.I kinda just threw everything together as I went. It’s definitely a worthwhile investment. I learned a lot, wanted to throw the plant away at stressful points.
Thanx I’ve appreciated your input, you guys are very helpful, the only reason I didn’t torch her was because you guys said don’t, I’m very happy I didn’t

Cant lie mate me now i would of set fire to it , Back when i had never dealt with them i would and did do what you did.
Fight things you have learnt cant really be shown in books/blogs/videos.

Happy growing dude. ;)

Back
Top Bottom