Need factual input on LEDs

My 2c:

Growth should be slightly less than 6x600W HPS lights in the same area. Looking at the spectral graph I would say that there is a tad too much blue in there to develop the same bud mass as HPS comparisons. However, your bonus is that you should have some decent light sharing across your 12x8 space which would increase the Uniformity.

Try not to go less than 400W across a 4x4. And obviously the more the merrier.
The light must be mounted at 60cm to cover a 4x4 space. at this height, it is advertised to provide 760 in the centre of the light. You're going to want a light that does at least 1000 at the centre point. Does this make sense?

My 2c:

Growth should be slightly less than 6x600W HPS lights in the same area. Looking at the spectral graph I would say that there is a tad too much blue in there to develop the same bud mass as HPS comparisons. However, your bonus is that you should have some decent light sharing across your 12x8 space which would increase the Uniformity.

Try not to go less than 400W across a 4x4. And obviously the more the merrier.
The light must be mounted at 60cm to cover a 4x4 space. at this height, it is advertised to provide 760 in the centre of the light. You're going to want a light that does at least 1000 at the centre point. Does this make sense?
Ok now the bestva 2000w is equal to a 400w hps and that will cover a 4x4 Area. If you put 3 end to end that would be 12 ft. The another run of 3 will be 6 lights 2 wide 3 long the 2 wide is 8 ft that's 1 light for each 4x4 so why wouldn't that work

I'm not trying to grow the best bud in the world or sell to a dispensary or win world records. It's just very hard to believe that one of those lights wouldn't even cover a 4x4.

It will cover 4x4, just not well. It will grow something, just not a lot. You’ll do fine during the veg, and then go “oh, maybe this is what they meant” once you finish flowering.

Did you go to the company’s website? Claim one light covers 8x8, 30 day full warranty with a 1 year partial. I wonder if that means shipping the light back to China for repair. :hmmmm: $200 compared to 2k for name brand equivalents.

Some of the folks advising you have lots of experience with leds. So does @SmokeSara. She can talk led forever. Plus she is a sponsor that’s incredibly active on the forums. The lights she sells are also considered lower cost compared others but from a company with that’s been around for a while and built up a fan base.

Thinking about using 6 bestva 2000w LEDs in a 12x8 Area with 20 medium plants.will this work.

there are some really nice COB / LED lights for the same price. the Aglex 2000w COB would do you well.

This is a review of the Aglex light. this guy did all kinds of tests and it's a lot of info.

"purchased the Aglex 2000 watt LED grow light. So far I am really satisfied with my purchase. IMO it's good solid build, the fans are not loud, no heat issues and overall it looks like a quality product. I contacted Aglex with some questions and their customer service was excellent.

Pretty quick email response. I wanted to get some accurate PAR light measurements so I got a light meter. I used an Apogee MQ-500. It is a full spectrum quantum sensor with a spectral range of 389 to 692 nm ± 5 nm. Putting the sensor directly under the middle of the light at various heights I got the following PAR µmol mˉ² sˉ¹ readings: Inches sensor away from light/ PAR reading with all Veg lights and Bloom lights on/ PAR reading with Veg lights on only/ PAR reading with Bloom lights on only. 60 “/ 232/ 126/ 106, 48”/ 305/ 155/ 145, 39”/ 435/ 222/ 210, 36”/ 515/ 260/ 250, 30”/ 723/ 363/ 354, 27”/ 870/ 440/ 430, 23”/ 1200/600/580, 20”/ 1420/ 720/ 690, 18”/ 1730/ 900/ 850, 15 ½ -16”/ 2340/ 1220/1100.

I needed accurate light readings because a few inches makes a huge difference. IMO in bloom I will have all the Veg and Bloom lights on and keep them no closer than 26” away from the top of the canopy. This is the 950ish PAR range. In my research, the girls don't require any CO2 if they are under a 1000 PAR. I will supplement some CO2 anyways. I think this is a pretty safe distance. TOO much light is no good. Time will tell. If everything goes well I would not hesitate one second to purchase another one of these Aglex 2000 watt LED light fixtures. For around $300.00 Canadian it is a lot of light. I hope this helps out any future LED light purchasers out there. Happy farming."

This is a review of the Aglex light. this guy did all kinds of tests and it's a lot of info.

"purchased the Aglex 2000 watt LED grow light. So far I am really satisfied with my purchase. IMO it's good solid build, the fans are not loud, no heat issues and overall it looks like a quality product. I contacted Aglex with some questions and their customer service was excellent.

Pretty quick email response. I wanted to get some accurate PAR light measurements so I got a light meter. I used an Apogee MQ-500. It is a full spectrum quantum sensor with a spectral range of 389 to 692 nm ± 5 nm. Putting the sensor directly under the middle of the light at various heights I got the following PAR µmol mˉ² sˉ¹ readings: Inches sensor away from light/ PAR reading with all Veg lights and Bloom lights on/ PAR reading with Veg lights on only/ PAR reading with Bloom lights on only. 60 “/ 232/ 126/ 106, 48”/ 305/ 155/ 145, 39”/ 435/ 222/ 210, 36”/ 515/ 260/ 250, 30”/ 723/ 363/ 354, 27”/ 870/ 440/ 430, 23”/ 1200/600/580, 20”/ 1420/ 720/ 690, 18”/ 1730/ 900/ 850, 15 ½ -16”/ 2340/ 1220/1100.

I needed accurate light readings because a few inches makes a huge difference. IMO in bloom I will have all the Veg and Bloom lights on and keep them no closer than 26” away from the top of the canopy. This is the 950ish PAR range. In my research, the girls don't require any CO2 if they are under a 1000 PAR. I will supplement some CO2 anyways. I think this is a pretty safe distance. TOO much light is no good. Time will tell. If everything goes well I would not hesitate one second to purchase another one of these Aglex 2000 watt LED light fixtures. For around $300.00 Canadian it is a lot of light. I hope this helps out any future LED light purchasers out there. Happy farming."

I got the 2000w and super glad I came across this. It's in a 4x4 and currently have it at 18 inches. No C02 so from your readings I should move it up

A 600w hps at best barely does

Yeah, I generally do some head shaking when I see it, lol. (Be okay for autos, though.)

A 1Kw will (and nicely), just requires a decent cooling/ventilation setup.

EDIT: BTW, the guy quoted in post #13 has access to a nice Apogee light meter and only took readings directly under the panel, lol. One of those "post a great review on Amazon and we'll refund the purchase price" scams, maybe? :rolleyes:

I got the 2000w and super glad I came across this. It's in a 4x4 and currently have it at 18 inches. No C02 so from your readings I should move it up

Hey glad you're liking the light. i might try an aglex soon myself. so far i have a pile of phlizon lights. loving their cobs as well. i'm thinking they're close if not the same spec to the aglex cobs.

I did follow the 24" at veg and 18" for flower and had some praying leaves the whole time.

Hey glad you're liking the light. i might try an aglex soon myself. so far i have a pile of phlizon lights. loving their cobs as well. i'm thinking they're close if not the same spec to the aglex cobs.

I did follow the 24" at veg and 18" for flower and had some praying leaves the whole time.

I moved it up to where the PAR will be slightly under 1000 PAR. Already have had first grower issues so I'm trying not to f it up even more.

Do you have extra CO2 or it isn't over 1000 PAR?

Is the 1000 PAR needs extra CO2 a scientific fact?

Back
Top Bottom