Need help - 1st grow indoor Auto Amnesia Haze & Auto Jack Herer - 4x4

Longhini

*4x4 grow tent Secret JArdin Dr 120

*600w hps - dimmable ballast with euro reflector - Distance is 45 cm

*inline customised 10" fan +A/C blowing directly at it

*10" fan inside tent blowing directly at the bulb

*4" exhaust fan with Carbon Filter - exhausting air all the way out of the growing room.

*growing in Soil (3 peat moss+ 3 Compost + 2 Perlite + 1 Vermiculite) flushed with PH water 2 days before planting germed seeds

*seeds germinated using cup+ paper towel (cks method) and all germinated successfully jackies were faster 1 day apart

*temps are 24c constant goes up to 28c during A/C breaks and down to 21c during lights off

*humid 30% - 65%

* Water PH 6.2 -6.3

today Jackies are in Day 6 and Amnesia in Day 5 still no peeking out
i have been water spraying only with PH water and the surface was totally dry every time before i water spray.

Shall i keep doing what i am doing ? is it normal to take this long ? do i need to worry cuz i am ? and i am trying my best not to panic which is tough for 1st time growers
:cheer:

Regards

Re: need help - 1st grow indoor Auto Amnesia Haze + Auto Jack Herer - (CKS) - 4x4

They all had taproots going into the soil? How deep did you plant?

Re: need help - 1st grow indoor Auto Amnesia Haze + Auto Jack Herer - (CKS) - 4x4

yes some had 1/2 inch and others 3/4 inch. a knuckle deep .

Maybe planted a bit deep

They should be fine but I've also very lightly dug the dirt off the seeds to check on them, maybe try that on one to see what she us doing

Day 7 and Day 6 , still none of them peeked out :volcano-smiley:

i decided to give them 10 days before i interfere , any other suggestions ?

Regards

I would carefully move all but the very last granules of soil from the top. Just to recap. Day 7 since you planted the germinated seeds in soil. You must of covered over to much soil or it's too heavy to shift. I wouldn't wait.

I would carefully move all but the very last granules of soil from the top. Just to recap. Day 7 since you planted the germinated seeds in soil. You must of covered over to much soil or it's too heavy to shift. I wouldn't wait.

thanks for the advise , i found out the ugly truth they died in soil , tap root brown and curled, how can i post pics in here ?? anyway what would kill my seeds so i can avoid it next time , please help.

Re: Need help - 1st grow indoor Auto Amnesia Haze & Auto Jack Herer - CKS - 4x4

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I plant my seedlings, with tap root, in maybe 1/4" deep wet soil, barley under the soil, I also point the tap root down to help the vertical growth, scrape soil over the seedling, DO NOT COMPACT AT ALL,mist it with a bit of water
They usually pop within 24hrs ish

I also place them under lights once I plant them, gives them some heat to encourage them to grow

It happens sometimes my friend, you will get it

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I plant my seedlings, with tap root, in maybe 1/4" deep wet soil, barley under the soil, I also point the tap root down to help the vertical growth, scrape soil over the seedling, DO NOT COMPACT AT ALL,mist it with a bit of water
They usually pop within 24hrs ish

I also place them under lights once I plant them, gives them some heat to encourage them to grow

It happens sometimes my friend, you will get it
IMG_320724.JPG
IMG_320419.JPG
IMG_320124.JPG

could it be because the soil was abit dry on top most of the time and i was water spraying once a day , or because i touched the taproot with my finger before planting? or too much soil on top ?

could it be because the soil was abit dry on top most of the time and i was water spraying once a day , or because i touched the taproot with my finger before planting? or too much soil on top ? could it be PH ?

I don't soak it

I use a solo cup, add about half to a cup of water to be sure top soil is wet
Dig my tiny hole, drop my seedling in, tap root pointing down, dust some soil over it, mist it with sprayer
Place a clear Solo cup I misted the inside with over it

Easy peasy

Check in 12 hrs, mist a but if needed

I don't soak it

I use a solo cup, add about half to a cup of water to be sure top soil is wet
Dig my tiny hole, drop my seedling in, tap root pointing down, dust some soil over it, mist it with sprayer
Place a clear Solo cup I misted the inside with over it

Easy peasy

Check in 12 hrs, mist a but if needed

but i am growing autos so i planted them directly into the 5 gallon fabric pot after tap root is out, mist it once every 24 hrs under my 600w hps

but i am growing autos so i planted them directly into the 5 gallon fabric pot after tap root is out, mist it once every 24 hrs under my 600w hps
That's ok too

But I'm thinking planted too deep, too much or too little water

A mist of water is not going to do much to penetrate a centimeter or two of soil. Remember you need water to get down to where the root is, not the top of where you planted it. Instead of misting, I do small amounts of water for new plants. Maybe 5-10 ml. Not enough to soak things, but enough that I know that it's getting down to where it needs to be.

Also remember that in a 5 gallon pot, any moisture you have will diffuse into a larger mass of soil than if it were a solo cup. Capillary action will wick the water in all directions until it reaches an equilibrium, or the pull of the capillary action is at its limit.

Hopefully you were able to replant that one that looks good and she's taking off for you.

If you were allowing the soil to fully dry out before spraying that could be your problem. With seeds you always want your soil damp not too wet. But never fully dry. Also i know for some here this is blasphemy but the paper towel step isnt really needed. I will say that it is widely used and totally works but i skip that step and just soak the seeds for 24 hours till they just crack open then go straight into a rooter plug or directly into a solo cup of my medium. Cant remember where i read that but its given me 100% germination in my admittedly short career. Takes 2-3 days for them to poke their heads but you get to skip a whole step and imho its closer to how it would hapoen in nature.
Goodluck! Keep at it! .

Back
Top Bottom