Need help. a lot please

yea i moved the lights a couple inches closer and moved soil around it to help it stand already actually haha. guess i am getting the hang of it.

very true and very good advice. thank you very much 420warrior for the good info. yea i was thinkin since i planted another seed (well another one i had germinating and sprouted from its shell today) tonight and put it under the lights, maybe ill start the 12/12 cycle tomorrow and see how they both end up. one somewhat growing plant and the new seed. before i started the cycle id have to transplant and add the nutes first right? like osmocote for example which i plan on using?

You can switch to 12/12 whenever you want, the plant won't flower until it's mature enough. You shouldn't ad nutes til there are 4 sets of real leaves, and you can transplant any time although it's best to do while in veg cycle to limit stress to the plant.

Hey teach, im doing a small closet grow also. I think my plants are about a week ahead of yours. If you want, follow my journal so you can see whas coming up. This site is filled with great info, but it is a lot of info to retain at one point. I would suggest reading whatever you ca on the next step, and save the other stuff for later. I will read more about curing a few weeks before I harest, and will read about harvesting a few weeks into flowering and so on. I am also using CFL's, one 250w CFL under a hood. My space is 28" by 28" by 8'.

Loos like you are doig good. Good luck with the grow!

Hey teach, im doing a small closet grow also. I think my plants are about a week ahead of yours. If you want, follow my journal so you can see whas coming up. This site is filled with great info, but it is a lot of info to retain at one point. I would suggest reading whatever you ca on the next step, and save the other stuff for later. I will read more about curing a few weeks before I harest, and will read about harvesting a few weeks into flowering and so on. I am also using CFL's, one 250w CFL under a hood. My space is 28" by 28" by 8'.

Loos like you are doig good. Good luck with the grow!

Good advice, I would do a little research ahead though to keep from having unforeseen issues but keep focus on the next step. Teach, maybe you should turn this into a journal.

I would definitely consider using a Scrog or LST if you have height restrictions. This allows you to get the maximum yield from a low ceiling.

I went with some Modular Scrogs (I needed the mobility), and despite my best effort to kill them, so far they are doing very well just after their first day of 12/12.

If you need any additional info on scrogs feel free to ask or pm.

:peace:

Marley

I am at a loss here, what is LST and scrog?

i knew to transplant while in veg cycle, but i didnt know if i should while the plant was still a baby and if i was going to put it in a bigger pot without nutes right away. ive heard that you should wait about 2-3 weeks before adding nutes but nothing about having 4 sets of leaves thats new to me? and to transplant when the roots start sticking out of the bottom of the pot? but if i should wait till there are 8 leaves in total to add nutes then i might wait to transplant and start the 12/12 cycle to be safe. and doesnt the plant need the nutes to grow bigger and produce good buds anyways? thanks for the help warrior, hope to hear back soon from you and everyone else.

Okay here is my take on growing.

1. Less is more. Don't do drastic things.
a. For instance you don't want to put a really powerful lamp too close to them when they are seedlings. You seem to have already done that, but that is one.
b. You do not want to let seedlings dry out. They are more vulnerable when they are seedlings. You don't want them to be soaking all the time either. Just don't let them dry out.

2. We are all going to lose a plant. Don't take it personally. Some plants, just like human die and we do not always know why.

3. Be cool, be patient, watch and learn. Don't touch them too much, don't over feed them, make sure there is light and air flow. You want a fan blowing all the time. Fans make the stalk stronger and keep fungi or molds from forming.

3. You do not want to feed seedlings. Do not feed them anything until they are on their way. Maybe 6 inches tall. When you do feed them start off at half the recommended strength. Once they get going they will take off and grow. You will have a hard time keeping them down. If you want a shorter plant do not feed them as much. You feed them to make them grow. A plant will live without feed in most soils, but when you feed them they grow. They love Nitrogen when they are vegging.

Anyway, you will need to read a lot of stuff and there is plenty to read. Just you are at the stage that you are in gear now and you need to bone up on the research.

Keep the lights close to the plants, but not too close. Water when you pick up the pot and it feels dry. You will want to keep them a bit more damp in seedling stage, but after that MJ can get pretty dry before you have a problem. More problems are caused by over watering than under watering once they get going.

thanks guys! i didnt see your posts because i was in the middle of typing my last one i did and other stuff haha. and its ok green no worries, especially since i havnt been paying attention really what so ever. if it does bother anyone though let me know and ill adjust. i use to be on add meds that kicked my ass in certain ways like gave me total mood swings and i became a different person really and sometimes made me just not wanna eat, was terrible. done with that though.

and thanks i will definitely be following your grow greenchrome im sure it will be helpful. and yes ive been doing research for what is to come soon and a littttle later. but really the only "later" research ive been doing is on nutes. ive been deciding between two: osmocote plus (OC+) or alaskan fish fertilizer which ive heard makes your plant grow 2 ft in 2 weeks.

and to try and help out greenchrome, i got this definition for LST - Low-Stress Training, the technique of controlling the branches to reduce plant height, and expose certain branches to light. LST is used in small grow areas with limited height space. This is accomplished by bending them over sideways and tying them over. Also by using wires or screens or nettings to control the Vertical height growth. but for scrog im sorry i do not know.

and the journal im not really sure what you mean like if i have to click on something to "start" one or what or i turn this thread into one somehow?

thanks g-dog. yea i have the lights not too close like you say but i think far enough about 4-6 in. and ive been watering it around everyother day. on the second day i feel around the soil and if it feels too dry, i water it. yea im not expecting to be so succesful as a beginner no worries, but i have confidence in my plant right now. lets see how it goes!

Just go to the journals in progress section and start one. Give it a name like first time. That will pull all the old farts like me out.

Growing is a love and a passion. Some people enjoy growing more than smoking. But it is a waiting game that teaches you patience and discipline. Think of the Karate Kid or something.

You do not take a tropical fish from the fish store and throw it in the tank. It will die. You have to soak the bag in the water until the temperature is brought to the same in the bag as the tank. It is a living thing, just like weed. You can over love it when it is young. Reading and studying is a good thing to do while you grow.

So generally you start a seedling and let it grow for about 6-8 weeks. Considering your space you may just want to stick to 6. Not a hard fast rule, you have to study the plant while it is growing.

So after that you flower them. That is usually about ten weeks from the time you flip the lights to 12-12. I may have read you are going to start at 12-12??? Anyway, 12-12 starts the flower cycle and for most of the indicas out there it is about 10 weeks from the time you switch the lights until harvest.

What strain is it? If you know the strain you can look online by the strain name and get tips specific to that strain. It will tell you stuff like if it is too hard to clone, does it respond certain ways by certain nutes, how much does it stretch during flower etc.

Good luck man.

Just go to the journals in progress section and start one. Give it a name like first time. That will pull all the old farts like me out.

Growing is a love and a passion. Some people enjoy growing more than smoking. But it is a waiting game that teaches you patience and discipline. Think of the Karate Kid or something.

You do not take a tropical fish from the fish store and throw it in the tank. It will die. You have to soak the bag in the water until the temperature is brought to the same in the bag as the tank. It is a living thing, just like weed. You can over love it when it is young. Reading and studying is a good thing to do while you grow.

So generally you start a seedling and let it grow for about 6-8 weeks. Considering your space you may just want to stick to 6. Not a hard fast rule, you have to study the plant while it is growing.

So after that you flower them. That is usually about ten weeks from the time you flip the lights to 12-12. I may have read you are going to start at 12-12??? Anyway, 12-12 starts the flower cycle and for most of the indicas out there it is about 10 weeks from the time you switch the lights until harvest.

What strain is it? If you know the strain you can look online by the strain name and get tips specific to that strain. It will tell you stuff like if it is too hard to clone, does it respond certain ways by certain nutes, how much does it stretch during flower etc.

Good luck man.

yes i agree 100%. although ive just started growing and would not fully know or enjoy it as much as most of the people on here like you, i already after only a little over a month of research and a week of growing, am becoming pretty fond of it. this is the kind of stuff i love to do, i think about growing now and my plant like as much as i like to puff that bitch. ive gained patience and such because of also how much i love fishing. helps. and besides its the "old farts" like you that are the most useful on this type of site because you guys have all the useful informatioin so you guys are also respected. im only 20 so im pretty fuckin clueless haha.

and during those 6 weeks im not just using plain water the whole time am i? because people tell me to start adding the nutes and stuff after the first 2-3 which is also about the time i transplant too i heard?

i have an indica. it is just mid seeds from bags ive bought previously ive saved.

and not to be a complete noob haha, but where is the begin journal section because i was clicking on forums, grow room, lounge and those things but didnt see it. sorry haha.

You transplant when you over grow the pot.

There are Many schools of thought on it, but I start off in small pots and build up to my final size right before I flip the lights to flower. One reason to start off small is to make the best use of what space you have. As plants die or you cull them out you will have more room.

Now there are ways to see if it is male or not early, but it all depends on your time. If you were growing 6 footers you could put a bag on one of the branches and check for male or female flowers. But since you grow space is only 3 feet high you are going to want to know sooner. You are going to have to crowd at least three of them together until about two weeks of flowering to see what you have. They usually show sex after about two weeks of flowering. Once you know which are females you can toss the others and give it room to flower.

The ratio is usually 50:50 males to females. I have heard stories of people getting all males in a pack of seeds and vise versa.

yea i have my plants in tiny pots right now so theyre all good for now. seeing as i only want them like 3 ft i was going to put them next in around 2 gallon pots.

and i read that having males and females together when in the flowering cycle can result in the males changing the females to males? and ill try to get 3 in there ill start germination another seed to plant tonight.

Back
Top Bottom