Need Help, Advice Please

MrCountry

I'm having a few issues and really need some help and advice. I have a 40x40x80 tent that I'm using for veg & flower. I have 4 1000 watt led lights ( actuall wattage 720 ) with a cool mist humidifier, ac infinity cloudline s6 for intake on bottom right with the ac infinity cloudline t6 with carbon filter exhausting into attic at top left of tent. I can't seem to get a handle on the heat. I woke up this morning and I was pushing 90f. The room temperature is around 72f.

I also have some discoloration on a couple leaves along with a spot on one of the leaves. I'm started my seedlings in happy frog soil, after a couple weeks I transplanted in to 3 gallon air pots with ocean forest soil. I'm watering with tap water by letting it air out for a minimum of 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate, then I ph water to around 6.5. I have not added any nutes yet, was waiting for plant to heal from transplant yesterday morning. Can anyone give advice on reducing the heat and also what the discoloration and spot on the plant might be. I have included pics of setup and my girls. Please give advice on how I can correct the heat issues and what is happening to my girls. Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Help!!!

Attachments

• 20190202_071850.jpg
    20190202_071850.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 20190202_071723.jpg
    20190202_071723.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20190202_071709.jpg
    20190202_071709.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190201_055100.jpg
    20190201_055100.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 20190202_074003.jpg
    20190202_074003.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 20190202_074108.jpg
    20190202_074108.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 20190202_074013.jpg
    20190202_074013.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 139
Looks like CalMag. With OF try adding 2-3 ml per gallon. As you probably know OF is hot so good call holding off on nutes. That soil was difficult for me but I also used it with my first run so it may have been operator error. I have better luck with Happy Frog but that doesn’t help you.

My advice is to start with CM and start thinking about adding very light nutes in a week or two. Plants don’t look overwatered.

Others with more knowledge I’m sure will be along soon to help

I greatly appreciate the help. I will run by the hydro store when they open and pick up a jug of CalMag. This is my 1st time trying and it's definitely much harder than what I thought. Should I give it a couple day and transplant into happy frog and just ditch the ocean forest? I Just want my girls to be OK. I also need to figure some way to dissipate more heat from the tent. Once again thank you Sctanley007 for helping. Up definitely need to help. Thanks and have a great day

Hello the plants look pretty good but I suspect that is a small amount of nute burn and I would drop the ph to 6.2 and no nutes yet that soil is strong I think , I leave my tent door open to help keep the temps down but that is a lot of light for just that size of plant , get the lights closer to the plant but use 2 less lights , led`s can get quite close to the plants and maybe a little calmag but it depends on ppm of the tap water you are using , have you tested the ppm of the water you are using , I suspect the ppm of the water to start is high , most city water supplies don't use chlorine any more they use chloramide now and that won't evaporate off like chlorine does ., you need to know the ppms of your start water before you can figure out the amount of nutes to add to get to a total ppm of your feed .

Hello , open more or all of the vents on your tent to help with the heat and leave the door open and I don't see a fan in the pics , it will help in moving air around and with cooling , good air flow is important .what is the humidity at in the tent , needs to be 50-60 %.temps are always a tough part to control but once you get it figured out it now is solved for future grows .

Thanks NOOOBIENOT, I will drop the ph to around 6.2. I will need to keep the tent shut as I purchased everything for stealth grow. I will remove a couple of the lights for now. What would I need to test ppm? Do you also think I need to add CalMag? Thanks for the help.

Good tip about opening the vents of the tent and not using unnecessary lights. Maybe a fan blowing cooler air toward the tent...I had to do that this past summer when the temps in my tent were hitting 90’s

I would invest in CalMag and use no more then 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. But include it with every watering. I mix my nuit`s in a seperate gallon jug and CalMag in a nother gallon jug. Being the nuit mix is so high(PPM) I use the CalMag jug to thin them down to the PPM I want to feed. Also avoid dripping any on the leaves themself, that will burn them also. Also make sure your PH is at least 6.5, I run my at 6.25. But I am using coco and soil mixed not straight soil.

From the pic`s you included if all the lower port holes are closed off. Your 4 LED`s running are producing more heat then it can exhaust. If your outer room is at 72* I would go to Home Depot and buy a cloths dryer flexable exhaust hose. They come in white plastic / vinyl flex coils you can expand. They are like 10 ft long and cheap 8 ~ 10 bucks.

Stick one end into a port hole and secure with the rest of hose outside the tent in a coil. The lenght will not let light in or out and you have fresh cooler air being supplied in. Outer air at 72* ......in time you will NEED (at least 1) a fan in the tent and a table top oscillate fan works well, 20inch 3 speed.

This blowing on them builds the stem structure, will help them resperate as they get more leaves and will help pull in air from outside source.

...Peace.....
:420:

I would invest in CalMag and use no more then 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. But include it with every watering. I mix my nuit`s in a seperate gallon jug and CalMag in a nother gallon jug. Being the nuit mix is so high(PPM) I use the CalMag jug to thin them down to the PPM I want to feed. Also avoid dripping any on the leaves themself, that will burn them also. Also make sure your PH is at least 6.5, I run my at 6.25. But I am using coco and soil mixed not straight soil.

From the pic`s you included if all the lower port holes are closed off. Your 4 LED`s running are producing more heat then it can exhaust. If your outer room is at 72* I would go to Home Depot and buy a cloths dryer flexable exhaust hose. They come in white plastic / vinyl flex coils you can expand. They are like 10 ft long and cheap 8 ~ 10 bucks.

Stick one end into a port hole and secure with the rest of hose outside the tent in a coil. The lenght will not let light in or out and you have fresh cooler air being supplied in. Outer air at 72* ......in time you will NEED (at least 1) a fan in the tent and a table top oscillate fan works well, 20inch 3 speed.

This blowing on them builds the stem structure, will help them resperate as they get more leaves and will help pull in air from outside source.

...Peace.....
No sir lower ports are not all closed. I have the cloudline s6 pushing in air from the bottom port with the t6 with Cf exhausting out the top into attic

Hopefully this is the right CalMag, they had several different ones. It will be delivered today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190202-115135_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190202-115135_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 79
that one there is cool as it includes nitrogen that is needed in the first three cycles of the plant. Your plants need nitrogen, phosphorus and potasium (N,P,K are the abreviations for them) to be sucsessful. Nitrogen should be deminished later in the plants life and phos and potas are increased as flowers develope and ripen.

If your PH is correct Calcium acts like the taxi as it can move through out the whole plant freely. The magnisium part builds chloropyhill and helps the plant digest the N,P,K. Making them just as important as the fertilizer nuit`s. If your plant cant get the nuit`s into its roots to feed the plant. It is like having no nuit`s at all. Even when your plant starts making flowers it still needs alittle nitrogen. So this will help you up untill the last 3 to 4 weeks of the plants life. The last 3 or so weeks you want to get away from combo feeding solutions and focus on letting them burn off all the feedings left in the soil and they have stored up. I have a feeding scheduale I have developed over years of fucking things up.

Every plant is different and with time YOU will have to figure out what you can add and cannot do. A good rule of thumb is what ever the bottle, sales person, or even your Moms says to use. Cut it by 1/4 and see for yourself what / how the plants do or response to. 1200 PPM make 800-900 or one Tablespoon use 2 1/4 teaspoons. With your next plant slowly increase things and you will grow as well as your plants will. Take your time and learn and in 2 or 3 grows you will be on your way because you understand the plants needs. Your are actually your plants worst enemy because without you loving it, it would not have issues in the first place!!

...Peace and keep them green!!

Wow, thanks so much and yes I definitely believe that I'm her worst enemy. I have so much to learn. Thanks so much for the in depth reply.

ac infinity cloudline t6 with carbon filter exhausting into attic
We talk about hitting the plants with as much light as possible, but as a grower we have to understand the more light the more heat. so there is a balance. By turning off two lights as you did will drop the temps a lot.

I use that T6, and the cfm is only 351. You put that Carbon Filter on the end and that drops even more.
Compare that to most other 6" fans that draw in the 400-500 cfm. This is one reason why they call it T6 Quiet Inline. Make sure you have a good intake booster fan coming in from the bottom.

If you are running that T6 on Smart mode, make sure the fan is running at full speed when it hits the preset temp. If it doesn't, then switch to manual mode, ramp the fan up to full, then switch back to Smart mode. This remembers what the highest speed setting will be when it reaches the setpoint. But really, until you have your temps in control I would be running that on 'On' mode and have the fan set to full speed. You may get cooler temps at lights off then normal, but it will cool your tent.
Your model is a newer model, mine only has the temp setting. I haven't looked at how the RH part works, but if you are monitoring the fan speed with RH, don't. I would ramp it with temp changes as it gets hotter or cooler.
The fan is adequate based on the size you mentioned above, just be aware of the programming features that's all.

:goodluck:

Appreciate the reply MrSauga. I got it figured out and now it's maintaining 75 to 76 degrees with no ports open except the intake and exhaust ports. I just manually set the controls and everything is great. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom