Need Help! Afraid plant is dying

IMG_20110525_092939.jpg

She is looking much better I think, many more leaves forming on top. Yet she just seems so small to me, hopefully the plant food will do the trick.

This is how I do it. I will water when my tray is dry and I think it may be time for watering but am not sure.. I will take my pointing finger... jab it into the dirt. I want to feel just a lil moisture and not 100% completely dry but darned close. :peacetwo:

I think I am going to use a combination of this and hogdaddys weight approach! thanks

I took that picture last night 6 hours after giving her the nutes. But I swear she has grown more last night and today than she had in the past week. I hope that everything is now back on track.

I really would hate my first attempt to go belly up so early.

I was also wondering if anyone could tell maybe if the plant shows Indica or sativa leave development. I have no Idea if you can ever really tell except with the high at the end or if you have to wait a bit to tell.

It's a little early to tell, gonna have to get some more growth. Sativas have a longer internodal length and narrower leaves, while indicas tend to be shorter and bushier with wider leaves. That's a broad guide, as individual strains have their own characteristics, not to mention that it could be a hybrid, which will make it more difficult to know for sure....

It's a little early to tell, gonna have to get some more growth. Sativas have a longer internodal length and narrower leaves, while indicas tend to be shorter and bushier with wider leaves. That's a broad guide, as individual strains have their own characteristics, not to mention that it could be a hybrid, which will make it more difficult to know for sure....

Thanks man, its good info to have

Okay so its been 4 days since I started giving her the tomato plant food at 1/4 strength. When should I move to a stronger solution?

She is looking really good, and growing new leaves everyday.

As a newbie of course my plant started doing better, and I guess I got a little to gungho with the nutrients. I appear to be getting nute burn, so I switched back to plain water the past day and a half but it seems to not be improving. Ill post pictures soon.

I cant upload but the leaf color is comepletely good, a few leaves at the bottom have brown spots on them, which occured after 2 days of nutrients. keep in mind the plant is only about 5 inches

it looks like your plant migth need a flush but after seeing the picture on the second page your plant looks a bit droopy i only use nutes when i see the plant showing signs off npk deffiency what kind off plant food are you using ?

Well I am simply using Miracle Gro Tomato plant nutes. I know some people hate miracle grow but alas it is affordable and easy to get. I started using the nutes because I wasn't seeing any progress at a certain point. And I very nervous about things like flushing, or LST or topping. All these things scare me because I never have done them before.

ALSO!!!!!!!!
Now I have a slightly new problem, but I know exactly the cause. I went away camping this weekend and my brother didn't water my plants as he was told, and the leaves are still completely green but they have wilted down almost to the ground. Do you think she can recover, I gave her some extra water and am praying for the best. The little ones ended up being fine because they dont use much water., but the big one just sucked up all its water and wilted.

IMG_20110606_125734.jpg

So here is the new picture, as you can see pretty drab. But also you can see the example of the nutrient burn on the lowest leaves.

I really did mess up at first using 1/4-1/2 nutrients every time. however I have stopped that.

this being said my plant has been watered and looks great. except for the fact that the first sets of leaves that were showing signs of nutrient burn never recovered from the lack of water.

Is this horrible news or are those bottom leaves irrelevant?

Back
Top Bottom