mckenz71

mjp.jpg

Strain- Unknown
10 days old
# of plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - small container
Lights - 4 - 46 watt CFL Bulbs, the blue color spectrum- 6000k. placed 3-4 inches away from plants
Nutrients -
Medium - black magic organic soil
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -70 to 82
Room Square Footage - 3 x 7
Pests - None Known

My other plants seem to be doing fine, however this one seems to be drooping a whole hell of a lot. the plant is only 10 days old at this point, so I know its young. The other thing that struck me as odd is that is appears that there is an outline around the leaves of purplish black. I dont know If I am being overly concerned. If you cant help thank you!

This may be a stupid question but have you fed her yet? And what are you using for nutes? :peacetwo:

What exactly should I feed her. I need to be able to buy it at Walmart or a local hardware store. The soil I bought was neutral for the seedlings and bought fertilized and nutrient rich soil for when or if I get to transplant it.

Sorry it took me long to get back to this, I am still trying to figure out how this forum works

thanks

That explains it, then. Your soil contains no nutrients, the plant is starving. Get a liquid nutrient that has N, K and P - just ask for something to grow tomatoes with. Do that quickly, for your plant is already feeding upon itself.

Also, read the guides stickied in the forum - you should know your stuff before attempting to grow, but you can still try to catch up.

What exactly should I feed her. I need to be able to buy it at Walmart or a local hardware store. The soil I bought was neutral for the seedlings and bought fertilized and nutrient rich soil for when or if I get to transplant it.

Sorry it took me long to get back to this, I am still trying to figure out how this forum works

thanks

Do you have a grow store in your area? Pick up some mexican bat guano {for veg} at 8 bucks a bag its very cheap. I use it in my water and I use it as a top soil dressing. If not... then if you are strapped for cash then

A very cheap and effective nute from walmart? Coffee!! Black... Non decaffeinated.. no sugars or creamers. 1 cup of cold coffee per gallon of water. Works great for house plants also. There is something in the caffeine that works a couple of wonders. It feeds the plant plus there is something in the caffeine that works just like the advanced nutrients "Revive". I get a sick plant I use coffee n water for about a week straight to bring her back from the brink. Has anyone else ever used coffee?? :peacetwo:

its all good if you doubt that or not. It was just a suggestion for someone that may be strapped for cash.

I appreciate it, how fast do you think is should respond to the nutrients. I will stop on my way home and pick some up. It is bigger now, yet the bottom leaves are still yellow. And how about the purpleish lining around the leaves? Ill post new pictures when I get home.

thanks

Sorry, but the plant lacks standard nutrients. Not a cup'a coffee. Nothing against guano, either, but we're talking basic nutrients here. Just get a standard formula used to grow tomatoes and you should be fine.

You still have plenty of time to experiment, but to save that seedling, do not throw anything but a solid, dependable nutrient formula at it. Over and out.

Actually, coffee grounds are a great fertilizer! Great for the compost pile as well. And mexican bat guano is amazing as a source of nitrogen (no more yellow leaves), which vegging plants love. I would never do a soil grow without guano and dolomite! Just my humble opinion...:)

I think this is a great opportunity for a new thread. I am going to start one on the organic grow/soil section.:peacetwo:

Guys, I love to learn, which is why I'm on this forum. And I'm listening. :)

If coffee's good for me, why should I doubt you when you all chime the same bell? But one thing isn't clear to me: is coffee or bat guano a balanced fertilizer? Or are they to be used as supplementary nutes (and in what dosage, etc.)?

I'm definitely watching this in the organics section! Cheers!

Guys, I love to learn, which is why I'm on this forum. And I'm listening. :)

If coffee's good for me, why should I doubt you when you all chime the same bell? But one thing isn't clear to me: is coffee or bat guano a balanced fertilizer? Or are they to be used as supplementary nutes (and in what dosage, etc.)?

I'm definitely watching this in the organics section! Cheers!

In neither case would I say that coffee or guano fulfill all of a cannabis plant's needs. They are both high in N, which young and vegging plants use at a high rate. And, of course, are free from any added chemicals...

I bought today Miracle Gro Tomato plant food, I used about 1/4 of what they said to add to your water. I also sprayed a little bit on the leaves with the same concentration. how quickly should I expect to see the results if lack of nutes was the problem?

I bought today Miracle Gro Tomato plant food, I used about 1/4 of what they said to add to your water. I also sprayed a little bit on the leaves with the same concentration. how quickly should I expect to see the results if lack of nutes was the problem?

It will be quick.. More than likely just a day or two that you will notice a change. :peacetwo:

Thank you for the advice. I am also afraid I might be under watering her because of the fact that every single person in the world has been telling me to avoid overwatering. how can I tell either way, I mean I always wait till my soil is dry and crusty before I water, but I am not sure if I am adding enough water when I do.

Thank you for the advice. I am also afraid I might be under watering her because of the fact that every single person in the world has been telling me to avoid overwatering. how can I tell either way, I mean I always wait till my soil is dry and crusty before I water, but I am not sure if I am adding enough water when I do.

This is how I do it. I will water when my tray is dry and I think it may be time for watering but am not sure.. I will take my pointing finger... jab it into the dirt. I want to feel just a lil moisture and not 100% completely dry but darned close. :peacetwo:

SO the top inch or so is indicative of the moisture level of the whole soil? if the top is still a little damp, the bottom is as well?

SO the top inch or so is indicative of the moisture level of the whole soil? if the top is still a little damp, the bottom is as well?

When you water, you should water long enough for runoff to occur. DO NOT water again until the pots feel light. It is important for the soil to dry a bit. I personally don't care for the finger in the soil routine...very subjective.

Back
Top Bottom