Need help: Are these seed pods or flowers?

AlexKatz

420 Member
I have been growing for a little while now. I have moved on from Fem seeds and to cloning. I am currently working with Gorilla Glue and AK Skunk. The pictures are showing my GG but I have some AKS doing the same thing; 12 total plants that look like this. This plants went to flowering tent on 07/15/18. I don't know if this is normal or if I went Hermi, Pollinated or Everything is OK. These are probable some of the biggest buds I have thus far and hoping I just did not notice it in my other grows because they were small.

I should mention that I did have a male that got missed and when I pulled it out I noticed that it had 2 open sacs (that I could tell) and it was one of the AKS. Please advise and help me out.

Attachments

• 20180829_121103.jpg
    20180829_121103.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20180829_121115.jpg
    20180829_121115.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 110
  • 20180829_123336.jpg
    20180829_123336.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 95
thank you, I have already did that and i did not find a seed. I am thinking I need to just follow through with the grow and see what happens. I hate to butch 12 plants :-(

Even if seeds no reason to dump the whole grow, though I"m not thinking they are. Not like it totally ruins it, just maybe the potency a tad and cuts down on the quantity a bit if they get pollinated. Really only a big deal if you growing commercially as it can drop the value a bunch, but if you growing for yourself just "old school" picking out the seeds ;) :rofl:

Even if seeds no reason to dump the whole grow, though I"m not thinking they are. Not like it totally ruins it, just maybe the potency a tad and cuts down on the quantity a bit if they get pollinated. Really only a big deal if you growing commercially as it can drop the value a bunch, but if you growing for yourself just "old school" picking out the seeds ;):rofl:

Thank you. It is just for myself (household). I just get a little paranoid when something seems different. Sometimes I think I enjoy the grow more than anything else; or it is just more rewarding. I will let you know the outcome. Again thank you!!

cutting down potency? Who made that up?

I think that's one of those old wives tales that just got accepted and passed around as fact without any actual testing. The whole idea is that the plant devotes its resources to developing seeds, and that without that, it would have spent more of its energy on THC.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. It probably reduces overall flower content, and just makes it a pain in the rear to smoke if a bud is full of seeds.

I've pollinated a few selected buds on a plant and saw no difference between them and their neighbors.

Some of us are looking for that seeded space weed :rofl::rofl::passitleft:

I think that's one of those old wives tales that just got accepted and passed around as fact without any actual testing. The whole idea is that the plant devotes its resources to developing seeds, and that without that, it would have spent more of its energy on THC.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. It probably reduces overall flower content, and just makes it a pain in the rear to smoke if a bud is full of seeds.

I've pollinated a few selected buds on a plant and saw no difference between them and their neighbors.

I just didn't feel like arguing with the staunch believers of that ;):rofl:, as I've seeded a few clones on purpose and didn't see any difference in quality or the high, just the buds don't get as big when pollinated. Too many folks think it's the end of the world if one herms or a male sneaks by you enough and busts it's nuts, but I only see it ruining you if you growing commercially as yeah it affects what it would sell for (partly due to folks not wanting to pay those prices for seeded weed and partly just the "stigma" of it being "ruined" somehow). I mean back in the late 70's about all there was and some of that old school stuff was pretty kick backside for stuff that half of it's weight was seeds ;) (wish I had saved a bunch of them seeds, hindsight and all that rot ;) ).

I just didn't feel like arguing with the staunch believers of that ;):rofl:, as I've seeded a few clones on purpose and didn't see any difference in quality or the high, just the buds don't get as big when pollinated. Too many folks think it's the end of the world if one herms or a male sneaks by you enough and busts it's nuts, but I only see it ruining you if you growing commercially as yeah it affects what it would sell for (partly due to folks not wanting to pay those prices for seeded weed and partly just the "stigma" of it being "ruined" somehow). I mean back in the late 70's about all there was and some of that old school stuff was pretty kick backside for stuff that half of it's weight was seeds ;) (wish I had saved a bunch of them seeds, hindsight and all that rot ;) ).
Heh yeah I was just going to answer the question who made it up but then I realized I had read it just about everywhere. I'm not sure if it was ever really based on anything more than heresay.

Anyway to the OP, about how far into flower are these and how long do they usually flower for? One of the tells for a calyx with a seed in it is that its pistills will go orange and kind of "curl" back, but it looks a lot like that in late flower as well. I'd say if they're doing this several weeks ahead of your strain's specificed flowering time, then they've probably got seeds in them.

You'll be able to tell pretty soon, the calyxes will crack open and you'll be able to see the seeds inside. But sometimes the calyxes just swell up like that, especially if you've had a sudden increase in humidity or moisture levels in the grow medium.

Nevil says he told sam ànd ed, Sam says he told ed, George says ed told him Nevil... Hang on... I might be confusing this with all the other crap out there...

Nevil says he told sam ànd ed, Sam says he told ed, George says ed told him Nevil... Hang on... I might be confusing this with all the other crap out there...
Ha oh so it's one of those ed says sam said nevil said things again. I've been meaning to take the Wayback machine down some of those rabbit holes. :bong:

I was mucking around but I wouldn't be surprised if :rofl::rofl:

Heh yeah I was just going to answer the question who made it up but then I realized I had read it just about everywhere. I'm not sure if it was ever really based on anything more than heresay.

Anyway to the OP, about how far into flower are these and how long do they usually flower for? One of the tells for a calyx with a seed in it is that its pistills will go orange and kind of "curl" back, but it looks a lot like that in late flower as well. I'd say if they're doing this several weeks ahead of your strain's specificed flowering time, then they've probably got seeds in them.

You'll be able to tell pretty soon, the calyxes will crack open and you'll be able to see the seeds inside. But sometimes the calyxes just swell up like that, especially if you've had a sudden increase in humidity or moisture levels in the grow medium.

This is the first time flower with either strain. I am about 5 weeks into flowering (07/15/2018). Like you said I will know soon enough; I am going to let nature takes its course. Thank you for everything!

Back
Top Bottom