Need help can’t tell if under or over water NL

I did some hunting around and best I can tell the manufacturers recommend 3 gallons of water for every gallon of soil, or 3x the container size. I have seen some recommendations that you only need to use half that much using sledgehammer, but I don't believe it. All the product is is Yucca extract to reduce the surface tension and allow the salt to slide out of there more easily, but it is still a mechanical process and the physics says it is going to take a large movement of water to do it.

I did some hunting around and best I can tell the manufacturers recommend 3 gallons of water for every gallon of soil, or 3x the container size. I have seen some recommendations that you only need to use half that much using sledgehammer, but I don't believe it. All the product is is Yucca extract to reduce the surface tension and allow the salt to slide out of there more easily, but it is still a mechanical process and the physics says it is going to take a large movement of water to do it.
I don’t see anywhere in the literature from fox farm mentioning 3x let me look again

From the Fox Farms FAQ
How do I perform a flush with Sledgehammer?
When performing a Sledgehammer® flush, we recommend using twice the volume of water as a normal feeding. For example, if you normally feed with two gallons of nutrient solution, you will want to perform a flush with four gallons of water mixed with Sledgehammer® at a rate of 2 teaspoons per gallon of water. This will help remove excess nutrients from the growing medium. Once you have completed your flush, you will want to wait until the top two to three inches of your medium have dried before adding nutrients. This will help prevent issues with over watering.

@Emilya any idea what this discoloration is or is it the leaves turning purple?

9711A474-1D3E-48E9-8C56-9D2D6F15E84E.jpeg

Looks like fall colors coming in! Congratulations! The crop is looking very good!
Thankyou! I have posted a bunch of updated pics in my journal my microscope will be here today so I can get a lot better look at the trichomes

Back
Top Bottom