Need help can’t tell if under or over water NL

if your watering period is remaining at 1 week, something is wrong. You should be building more roots every time you move through a wet/dry cycle and the plant should be sucking up water at a furious rate by now. The time between waterings should have been steadily dropping each time, until you settle in at the designed rate of 1 day per gallon size of your container at the point you go to bloom. Your anemic uptake rate tells me that something is still not right with your roots, but that isn't surprising since it takes about 3 full wet/dry cycles to repair roots and then they need to grow a bit more from that point. You have barely given it 2 weeks... and nothing happens that fast in the plant world.

Be patient, don't be in a hurry to go into bloom with plants still on the mend, and it will happen.

Every 3 days, give the big slow on a small misting of water, no more than would seep in about 2 inches deep... just to keep the plants metabolism going strong. Don't give a lot... and still wait for the plant to use all of the water in the bottom of the container before fully watering again, but that little squirt might help things move along a little quicker. I failed to mention this last little trick, not realizing how damaged your plants really were. Like I said, be patient and stay the course... this plant will respond soon.

There is a technique for weight loss that works something like that... you drink a big glass of water prior to sitting down to eat a meal so that it fills your stomach and makes you feel full, so you don't eat as much.

I think the same thing would happen here. When you give the initial watering the plant does suck up a good amount of that water almost immediately, and indeed that is the function of the top spreader roots... to suck up rain water before it can go to other surrounding plants. You satisfy the plant's immediate need for water with the first watering and it simply can not suck up as much new water with nutes when you come in for the second pass. The nutes are still there, ready be used the next day, so no harm is done, but for that initial watering day... the plant would not get as much nutrient as it might have, so growth on that day is not accelerated as much as it might have been, given a proper hit of nutes without dilution.

Well she finally started drinking and I made the switch to flower Friday she has already shot up and is ready for a feed. When the lights come one tonight she will get her first bloom nutrients

0E5DA079-7166-461D-A185-88AF3540B43D.jpeg

E38AD50F-DD67-4F1C-BA58-D7D008E4A80E.jpeg

Well she is still growing and looking healthy hasn’t stretched as much as I was hoping. It’s been 6 days so I’m sure she will get bushier for a couple more weeks. She is starting to show pistils all over. I’m wondering if I should move the light distance right now it’s about 15 inches from canopy running two Mars hydro 1000s any input?

90830397-5785-4479-8BDE-F4F42FFCEB12.jpeg

C819A9BA-F1BD-4D1B-9133-CB23D7722C77.jpeg

E28D472B-7402-4779-93F2-F57B29A3BDED.jpeg

I’ll move it up a couple inches at lights on tonight. Don’t want to disturb them right now while it’s off thanks for the input @Emilya

Also @Emilya im not sure if I’m still having a root issue do you think it would hurt if I added hydrogen peroxide to my next water to help the roots out just in case there is a bacteria or something that is affecting the growth?

Also @Emilya im not sure if I’m still having a root issue do you think it would hurt if I added hydrogen peroxide to my next water to help the roots out just in case there is a bacteria or something that is affecting the growth?
I don't see any signs that indicate this, but sure, h2o2 won't hurt anything as long as you don't go crazy with it. It also kills beneficial microbes and fungi... so unless it was absolutely necessary, I am not a fan of the practice other than to maybe remove some surface molds that might be offending you.

So what makes you think you have a root issue other than those caused by previous overwatering? I see good recovery here, not a problem that needs to be addressed. Just keep doing what you are doing... it is working well.

I don't see any signs that indicate this, but sure, h2o2 won't hurt anything as long as you don't go crazy with it. It also kills beneficial microbes and fungi... so unless it was absolutely necessary, I am not a fan of the practice other than to maybe remove some surface molds that might be offending you.

So what makes you think you have a root issue other than those caused by previous overwatering? I see good recovery here, not a problem that needs to be addressed. Just keep doing what you are doing... it is working well.
The only thing that leads me to believe there may be an issue is with how long it takes in between watering and feeding I’m only at 2 times a week right now and I figured I should be almost every day maybe my plant just isn’t a big drinker?

The only thing that leads me to believe there may be an issue is with how long it takes in between watering and feeding I’m only at 2 times a week right now and I figured I should be almost every day maybe my plant just isn’t a big drinker?
That's on you my friend... you still have not developed the roots as much as you should have for that sized container. If you had aggressively built up the roots at each stage by restricting the water and taking your time to successively uppot to your final container, you would be able to start force feeding water every day during bloom... at least every other day. Right now, keep working on it. Every time you get to the end of a wet/dry cycle you are forcing the plant to grow more roots. If you water early, she will be lazy, and will continue on with the roots she has. Be more aggressive with your restricting the water, and she will get more aggressive with needing that water. It is funny how that works, but you literally need to be a little cruel in order to be kind. It's like telling a kid to do something for their own good... you must be the one in control, or they get lazy.

That's on you my friend... you still have not developed the roots as much as you should have for that sized container. If you had aggressively built up the roots at each stage by restricting the water and taking your time to successively uppot to your final container, you would be able to start force feeding water every day during bloom... at least every other day. Right now, keep working on it. Every time you get to the end of a wet/dry cycle you are forcing the plant to grow more roots. If you water early, she will be lazy, and will continue on with the roots she has. Be more aggressive with your restricting the water, and she will get more aggressive with needing that water. It is funny how that works, but you literally need to be a little cruel in order to be kind. It's like telling a kid to do something for their own good... you must be the one in control, or they get lazy.
You have been a big help and I have learned a lot from you this grow. I am eager to start my next one after this one is over with the knowledge I have learned through you and others during this grow. I think my biggest mistake I made besides my watering habits is that I transplanted to soon out of my 1 gallon pot. When I transplanted I didn’t see any signs of a good root mass. Next go around will be better! Until then I hope I’ll get a decent harvest I know I won’t be pulling a lot but enough to last me a bit.

Well I did a big defoliation last night and fed her she’s responded well and had some nice growth over night bud sites are looking nice fingers crossed I get a decent yield off of her

97E119BA-9B28-43DF-B37F-947708D92C61.jpeg

4E58E9C5-3CF8-4BE7-8166-0D7886D4DD88.jpeg

D0B3BC22-F475-43E4-B86E-F4AC11F99564.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom