Need help choosing nutrients

dudewithaquestion

not sure whats best to use. i want to grow hydroponically and i been reading to much lately about advance nutes and gh and home and garden and the root zone. im not sure what to use. im an old smoker but a new grower. i hear to much good and bad about all of them but the root zone trz nutrients is supposed to be marijuana specific but i cant find much info on them so i dont know. did anyone ever try them? or should i stick with regular old flora grow or stuff like that?

any help would be greatly appreciated

not sure whats best to use. i want to grow hydroponically and i been reading to much lately about advance nutes and gh and home and garden and the root zone. im not sure what to use. im an old smoker but a new grower. i hear to much good and bad about all of them but the root zone trz nutrients is supposed to be marijuana specific but i cant find much info on them so i dont know. did anyone ever try them? or should i stick with regular old flora grow or stuff like that?

any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm not a hydro guy, but I'll tag some to drop by and give some opinions.

I would like to welcome you to our little village :welcome:

We are a pretty congenial bunch.

I hope you will consider starting a journal and letting us watch as you grow. It provides a place for you to converse about growing, and also document your progress for everyone to see. Also, a great thing if you have problems.

Not sure what equipment you have already, but that would probably be good to know if you have a pH, EC or PPM meter. Also what kind of water you are using, and its properties will probably help pick the right nutrients.

There are many different nutrients used, so I can't say they will nail it down for you but will give you some options.

Also, what kind of system, ebb flow, DWC, RDWC or coco, is also going to be of some help.

I'm sure the guys will be around shortly

@Pennywise @Grandpa Tokin @Bowl Nugz n' harmony @Rider509 @Asesino85

I use General Hydroponics Flora trio. Others use Reno, Advanced Nutrients, or one of the others appearing on the market. Start with 1/4 strength of the General Hydroponics Flora trio, and work your way up until the plants tell you to back off.

Advanced Nutrients is a fantastic base nutrient. Big Bud and Bud Igniter are good bloom boosters. A lot of AN supplements aren’t really needed. The ph buffers and Chelates will make your life a lot easier not constantly ph’ing your solutions.

I too use the GH flora trio. Switched to the Flora Trio and like it so far. If you don't want to worry about your ph, AN ph perfect line is a good one.

Exactly. I have made my own feed schedule for the GH Flora trio. I even show you how to calculate everything and what you should also look into getting for additives. First couple pages of my journal (which is in my signature below) shows everything. If you have any questions about it you can send me a message or post on my thread.

You really can't go wrong with AN either. I think I'd go with GH or AN.

If you don't mind the smell of worm poo, batshit stew, and dirty jockstraps the Fox Farms organics grows some great plants in hydro as long as you use Great White or something like it. All of the basic liquid inorganic nutes lines work well in hydro but some of them leave nasty salt crusts in your tubs and res. I like the Flying Skull dry nutes I'm using now. It's geared to the needs of commercial growers but they sell in small quantities as well for the hobby grower, and leaves my grow equipment minty fresh and sparkling clean.

If you don't mind the smell of worm poo, batshit stew, and dirty jockstraps the Fox Farms organics grows some great plants in hydro as long as you use Great White or something like it. All of the basic liquid inorganic nutes lines work well in hydro but some of them leave nasty salt crusts in your tubs and res. I like the Flying Skull dry nutes I'm using now. It's geared to the needs of commercial growers but they sell in small quantities as well for the hobby grower, and leaves my grow equipment minty fresh and sparkling clean.

Well, at least you made it somewhat rhyme. Thanks for keeping it clean and above the belt Rider.

I think the most important part of any grow is your environment as well as like you stated, your root zone.

I suppose it all depends on what your growing in too, if your growing in coco then cultivator has a great schedule that i myself and a lot of others grow by.

House and Garden root excelurator is great as well as Great White & Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice makes the perfect root mass.

You will get a great harvest from a root nutrient and boost with pk in the perfect conditions.

Back
Top Bottom