Need help deciding what light to use

Arow21264

420 Member
Hey guys it’s gonna be my first time growing autos and I’m only using a small tent. 80x80x160cm, I’m planning to put 4 autos in there and I’m wondering what light to use. Either 600w which pulls 265 actual wattage or 900w which pulls around 410 actual wattage. The 600w has a flowering coverage of 2.5x2.5 ft and the 900w has a flowering coverage of 3x3 ft. Basically I’m asking would the 900w be overkill in such a small tent? Or would it be better and achieve better results than the 600w? Any help will be appreciated, thanks

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum @Arow21264 :welcome:
Hey guys it’s gonna be my first time growing autos and I’m only using a small tent. 80x80x160cm, I’m planning to put 4 autos in there and I’m wondering what light to use. Either 600w which pulls 265 actual wattage or 900w which pulls around 410 actual wattage. The 600w has a flowering coverage of 2.5x2.5 ft and the 900w has a flowering coverage of 3x3 ft. Basically I’m asking would the 900w be overkill in such a small tent? Or would it be better and achieve better results than the 600w? Any help will be appreciated, thanks
As mentioned, your tent is WAY too small for 4 plants :hmmmm: Ima be honest with you, I couldn't put 1 of my plants in that tent without it rubbing all 4 sides, and possibly touching the top...Imagine one of these in your tent :jawdropper: this is half of an 8ft x 4ft x 7ft tent

i am just starting a regular12/12 and went with the 600w led for one plant mainlined flip next week

P1090976.JPG

Have you tried looking at our Sponsors?

We have several LED light sponsors.

If you're looking to save money but get quality lights, Budget LED & Mars Hydro will do you right.

Sounds like you are not looking at anything but LED's. I switched to 315 CMH. I do not like that the penetrating power of the LED is not there.
You tent is too small as noted.

An old-school 250-watt HID would be enough for growing and flowering autoflowering strains in a space that size.

You could get something like this:

...and turn it down a bit and still be able to grow/flower whatever strain you wanted in there. At 100% power, it'd probably be adequate for a 3'x3' space. Maybe a square meter (~39"x39"), at least for autoflowers. So it would give you a little room for upgrading the size of your space in the future. It's also likely to last long enough to do so.

Back
Top Bottom