Need help designing and setting up closet

crsw187

Hey guys,

Thank you for checking out my post and hopefully someone can help me. My name is Bo and I am having a problem. I want to start growing in my closet that is in my game room, but I just don't know what to buy or how to set anything up. I would love any help that anyone can give me as far as a detailed list of what I need, including detailed names so I can find the product easily, and also possibly good places to buy it. Also, how to go about setting it up to get ready to produce some great stuff for me. I have a couple of pictures of my shed for you guys so you can see what I'll be dealing with. I plan on growing only one plant. I would like to keep it under $1000, but I can go up to $2500 if I need to. If you need any more pictures, then just let me know. Thank you again. I appreciate any and all help!

Here are the pictures of what I will be working with:

Closet3.jpg

Closet2.jpg

Closet.jpg

Closet4.jpg

Thank you guys so much for your help.

There are lots of things to think about. For $1000, this should be very easy, I don't think I've spent that much in three years.

Power & Ventilation are two good first steps to look into.
Soil or hydro?
For a small space like this I would go SCROG.

If you want to do this the best you can, read, read, and READ through the grow forums. Then come back here and ask direct questions. Not like "Pro and Con" questions (you can find those answers all over the forum, and never get a end point).

Good Luck Bro,
Prairie

You need to give more details? Do you own ,rent? house or apt.? The reason i ask is ,are you able to drill holes in the ceiling ? Does it go into an attic?If so you can cut 2 holes for exhaust &air intake ,and place fan and carbon scrubber up in the attic,(this is quiet). Or do you have to have it all inside the closet (like a grow tent)? the basics you will need lighting ,,i would go with a 600 watt MH,HPS switchable ballast, Can Fan, carbon filter (called the ELF )or(goblin)..just google elf charcoal filter you will find it. and you need a fan to move the air inside the grow space. You may want to go with a cool tube or an air cooled light hood.

Thank you guys for the reply. That's what I mean. I don't know everything to put out there for you. If you ask me questions, I'll tell you which way I would rather go. I was thinking about doing hydro, but what is scrog? I own my house. I can drill holes if I have to, but I'd like to stay away from it, but I'm not afraid to drill holes either. The ceiling in the closet does go into the attic. I don't have to worry about anything really. Just as long as it stays inside the game room where the closet is located.

Well.....

Don't take this wrong, but I don't come in here to think up questions to help other folks. Nothing personal. I'm happy to help if the questions are direct, and it doesn't take me very long to answer. If I build a rapport with someone while answering, I'll give my answers more time.

But let me ask this:
Have you read all of this:
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

And this:
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

And to answer your question as to "What is SCROG":
Can You Give an Example of a SCROG Cabinet?
and
What is SCROG - Screen of Green?

As I said in my first response, you need to show you are willing to put some effort in and make some decisions. Please look through, and search through the whole grow forum. There is a huge amount of information here.

Prairie

Ok, I just don't have them time for this. I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to make this happen, but I don't know what to think of. So if someone is willing to tell me how you would set this up and what I need to buy, I probably won't be able to do it.

Ok, I just don't have them time for this. I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to make this happen, but I don't know what to think of. So if someone is willing to tell me how you would set this up and what I need to buy, I probably won't be able to do it.

Well, that is a shame, that you don't have the time to take to do this.

If you are willing to do what ever it takes, then what it takes is for you to educate your self on growing. You need to give up some of your time to spend it on learning how to grow. Buy a book, read forums.....

If you are not willing to invest time, then it is a waste of ours to help you. You wanna grow? You want to grow more than a half OZ over three to four months? Then just like anything else in life, you have to invest in it.

Prairie

Ok, I just don't have them time for this. I'm willing to do whatever I need to do to make this happen....

Why do you think anyone would spend their time writing you a shopping list, then, considering you yourself deem the time learning the bare basics of growing wasted?

With so little background, you won't get anywhere, so listen to PrairiePoet and read through the links he posted. Take a week, a month, however long you need and come back when you have specific questions. I'm sure that once you know what it is you need to ask, people here will be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom