Need Help Determining Reason For Yellowing Leaves 27 Days In Flower

HappyHour

420 Member
What Strain is it? Blue Dream and Amherst Sour Diesel (Blue Dream being the worse for yellowing)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? (BD=70/30 ASD=80/20)
How Many Plants? 4 (2 of each)
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flower
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 27 Days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Pro Mix
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 Gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 600w HPS
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 76F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50%
PH of Medium or Reservoir?6.3
Any Pests?no
How Often are you Watering? when pots are light and soil is dry on surface (4-5days)
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics Flora Trio
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4'x4'

The Blue Dream has worse yellowing of the leaves and it looks to me like either nitrogen or some other deficiency, or light bleaching. I have already gave the plants two double strength feedings of week 5 on my feeding chart to try and rectify but they appear to have not changed at all.

The last 2 feedings were in the 1100 ppm range. Does anyone have any idea on what i should do? More nutes? stick with double dosages until problem stops? Raise light? Currently my light is sitting at 16" from most bud tops to beginning of light hood, with the closest buds(blue dream) sitting at about 14". I water in between every feeding with runoff every time and am now considering doing 2 feedings in a row if we determine it is a deficiency and if you guys think it's advisable.

I am afraid to burn my plants because I have already done it when I was a complete noob, but now I am wondering if I am being too cautious and actually starving them. This is also my first time running light on full 600w.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

PS don't mind the tape in the pics, that's just me underestimating the stretch of the Blue Dream :rolleyes:. I had to tie them down so I could have a decently even canopy and it's all I had on hand lol.

I think you're panicking for nothing. If you look at your nitrogen content on your bottles for feeding in flower, you will notice that the first number is very low by comparison to the P&K values. The nitrogen level, when dropped, will cause your leaves to Yellow. That being said, it could also be strain related.

Nitrogen is the key component in photosynthesis. Since your plants are no longer trying to grow, they are now starting to flower, nitrogen isn't as necessary in the fundamentals of your fertilizer. The plants are no trying to put all of their energy into the flowering aspect, not the growth of your leaves..... Just like autumn.

I think you're panicking for nothing. If you look at your nitrogen content on your bottles for feeding in flower, you will notice that the first number is very low by comparison to the P&K values. The nitrogen level, when dropped, will cause your leaves to Yellow. That being said, it could also be strain related.

Nitrogen is the key component in photosynthesis. Since your plants are no longer trying to grow, they are now starting to flower, nitrogen isn't as necessary in the fundamentals of your fertilizer. The plants are no trying to put all of their energy into the flowering aspect, not the growth of your leaves..... Just like autumn.

I completely agree with what you said, but what made me second guess myself is the pattern of the yellowing which seemed to be faster near the light. Also the fact that the buds on the blue dream are very tiny and gone yellow way faster than the sour diesel, which has respectably sized buds already. Kinda worried that the yellowing buds wont develop because of the loss of pigment in the leaves, which will lower photosynthesis capabilities.

Feel free to smack me upside the head and tell me to smarten up if I am overthinking it. lol

Not close enough to smack you lol.

I've never grown the Blue Dream, but I do know that certain plants have different mineral uptake capabilities and requirements. I think because you are only just passed the three stage, your buds should really start to fatten up nicely over the next few weeks before Harvest. I notice that some of your other girls seem to be changing colour, and youre likely feeding all the same. My blueberry is the same. Her leaves always seem to show some sign of deficiencies. Even if I up her CalMag.

Be diligent, never stop watching them (and good call for knowing your girls), but enjoy the fruits of your labour as they prepare themselves.

Back
Top Bottom