Need help determining sex

Amsterdam28

Hey 420,

So I recently switched from 24/0 to 12/12 about 5-6 days ago. I have 3 plants grown from seed and of course my concern is to get the males out as early on as possible, however I haven't been able to tell the sex of the plants yet. I'm hoping that by posting some pics some of you may have an opinion as to what I have.

DSC_007912.jpg
DSC_00819.jpg
DSC_008011.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.

first off nice pics, but its still a little hard to tell.that said I dont see any signs of any balls so you got that going for you!
from the last picture I would say that its a girl. but maybe a couple more days post some pics to be sure. I'am rooting for you so fingers are crossed!:thumb:

So now I am 99.9% sure that the two largest plants I had out of my original 3 are both males and before I go through the heartbreak of destroying these plants I just wanted to post some follow up pics to get final confirmation since this is my first grow and all. It really sucks to spend this much time working on some plants just to see them have to get torn out. I still have one plant left which I hasn't really shown itself, which I hope is a female that I simply can't spot as easily as the males.

Plant #1 - (the burn at the top is from it touching the bulb for a while)

DSC_010211.jpg
DSC_01079.jpg
DSC_01097.jpg

Plant #2

DSC_011111.jpg
DSC_01135.jpg
DSC_01157.jpg
DSC_01166.jpg

the burnt one is still hard to tell but I'am leaning twords girl the other pics is a ripper thats a man baby

the burnt one is still hard to tell but I'am leaning twords girl the other pics is a ripper thats a man baby

As much as it temporarily got my hopes up reading your comment, I think it is just a product of my lower quality photos on that plant. I took some more pics of it, including another flower site and I think this one will show more male features unfortunately. :-(

DSC_01235.jpg
DSC_01227.jpg
DSC_012111.jpg
DSC_012010.jpg
DSC_011910.jpg
DSC_01178.jpg

Unless it's a hermie, I'm pretty sure I lost this one also. Thanks for the comments, it's good to be able to bounce this kind of stuff off of more experienced growers in such a quick manner.

well now you know for sure what a male looks like:/ sorry boss for getting your hopes up

that depends on where you live> i wait till dark and go out side and thro it in the compost ripped all up tho, also if you trow them in the garbage try to make indistinguishable. most important of all is to tare them up somewhere other then your grow area and when your done clean everything you and your cloths before going back in your grow area

Fish Cake, thanks for the note. I live in a high rise condo so I will chop it up and throw it in the garbage shoot by itself without any of my normal trash. Good tip about cleaning everything before I go back to the grow area though, I don't want to inadvertently bring any pollen back with me.

Thought I'd share some good news with you on here too, the final plant from my original 3 seeds planted turned out to be a girl!! So all was not lost :):goof:
I just saw the white hairs today. Here's a quick photo

DSC_01259.jpg

thats sweet dude:) now you have a new learning gig! feel free to ask or go to my journal and ask if you need any help or that you found out something that we all shoud know!
love to see the ladies:)nice pic by the way

cool!

Back
Top Bottom