Need help eliminating cannabis scent

jodi4659

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out with eliminating the scent of cannabis from infused oils that are used for making salves, balms & salves. I infused coconut oil with cannabis and made a healing salve for my arthritis and joint inflammation. It works great but smells strongly of cannabis. If anyone knows how to eliminate or remove the scent from my salve which is already made or how to prevent it in the process preparing it please let me know. Thanks

While I would think it possible I do not even begin to suppose how I could do that.
I would think once you finished it you are married but there may be a quick fix one of Our Members knows that will help. Good Luck my friend

I use oils for like my bath sometimes oils I use for my candles for smell to my salves. Peppermint I like best because its a pure oil and always smells good

just a thought ..have never made rubs..etc ..but using a fresh air type oil ..thinking lavender. rose mint..would cover up the smell
my own dr said making a rub was a waste of time..
but I do know transdermal many meds work.

well your Doctor can tell you what ever he wants but I have a lot of people who use my salves and ointments and they swear by them. I use them for my gout all the time and I am telling you,THEY WORK. I no longer have to take the poison they prescribe. So to me its his opinion and not fact. Good luck with it it.

Ladytrucker was just stating what a well known Dr said..Just like different meds work for diff people amount and route. I am not saying you were wrong in any way. Just stating what he said..that transdermal is a route of medication for sure. But how you regulate something ..and if you are selling..that might be illegal.

Well in my state I am legal to sell to my patients because I am their caregiver. Of course I recommend you be legal it is a more expensive way depending on what you are growing and how strong you make it. That is one of the hardest thing for most patients is to get the same amount of medicine in the salve each time. To regulate this you need a testing kit which I have due to the fact that my patients prefer the salve and eatables. I tried a new lavender in my last batch smells wonderful.

Another really good herb to use for a less "pot" smell would be Sage. It has a powerful smell and would cover the scent fairly well. It's also a pleasent smell.

I am having the same issue. I use coconut oil infused cannabis as a back rub. I added essential oils and I still have a strong smell. I love the smell, but I am afraid that if I get pulled over, I will be accused of smoking or under the influence. The cream does not get me high when applied to the skin. It does relieve pain and works great.
I can try to add more oils but I do not want too much essential oil because they may irritate the skin.

I am having the same issue. I use coconut oil infused cannabis as a back rub. I added essential oils and I still have a strong smell. I love the smell, but I am afraid that if I get pulled over, I will be accused of smoking or under the influence. The cream does not get me high when applied to the skin. It does relieve pain and works great.
I can try to add more oils but I do not want too much essential oil because they may irritate the skin.

I have wondered about adding Oil of Wintergreen....you'd then be left smelling of dressing-room linament, and that might be preferable. :blushsmile: Wintergreen may add its own small contribution to pain relief, too.

Careful with the concentration, if used to extreme Wintergreen can be toxic. Methyl salicylate - Wikipedia

POSSIBLY..... you could base your balms on the eJuice intended for vaporizers? It apparently uses medicinal cannabis from which the odor constituents have been removed and pleasant perfumes such as citrus or strawberry substituted. You can also buy eJuice with a neutral odor, allowing you to tailor the result with your own choice of essential oils. Strawberry Flavored Liquid THC Marijuana eJuice

Using a commercial processed cannabis oil may be defeating the purpose of making your own, but if it's a case of being forced to forego use of a DIY product in some situations, then making a batch of balm based on eJuice for an attractive-smelling product may be a realistic option.
:drool: Gift-wrapped jars of your perfumed balm would make popular Christmas gifts, I'm sure! :xmas:

I suffer from CRPS/RSD in my leg,ankle, and shoulder, I use frankincense oil to help mask the smell, I dont smell the cannabis, at least I dont think I do, hmmm, ahhhh what do I know Im always high! Haha

I made up oil based on kaneh bosem recipe .... the strongest scent was basically cinnamon/cassia.
This covered the original smell.
I believe cinnamon is supposed to enhance the transdermal effect though not keen on the scent myself.
I knew someone who used to infuse hash rosin into tiger balm ...

Orange chronic spray will in fact actually kill the cannabis smell instantly. It does not cover the smell, it eliminates it on a molecular level.

Sorry, didn't read all of your post first.
DO NOT use what I suggested in salves or balms or anything you plan to consume or have on your skin.

I used infused coconut oil with lavender and eucalyptus. Works great but I smell like an edible cookie!!! Was looking here for some ideas. It may not be for everyone but I love the results. Only use it at the end of the day after work so who cares right!!! Would love to know how to eliminate the aroma. Would be more marketable, yes?

Google 'anointing oil' (deals with smell and effectively increases trans-dermal uptake ) ... but to cut the smell before cooking ...
Google 'water cure cannabis' ..... effectively deals with smell, reduces final herb weight - proportionally increasing non water soluble cannabinoid ratio per final weight).
After drinking a full cup of very tasty terpinated first wash (1 day soak), I learned not all VOC's are good for a person mentally, which was educational ... research in progress, but loving water cured only for the foreseeable,
People blindly assume more terpenes the better and commercial breeders have totally gone there ... but from a personal standpoint I disagree. Its also nice to pull nugs out that pack a punch without stinking out the whole house

Back
Top Bottom