need help figuring out whats wrong with my 2-4 week old plant

RedEyesMe

Hi, I'm all around new at this site so Im bad at this. Im in a panic and i want to save my first plant I want to find out whats wrong with my plant. I'm a new grower so the dirt I used is from the garden outside (landlord grow plants) and I didn't do anything to it but add tap water, which I don't drink because of old pipes (bad?). The older leaves are turning yellow/brown and have brown spots on the newer leaves. The round leaves died off already and the first true leaves is pretty much almost dead already, (theres a photo of it, its the smallest one). I used natural sunlight and recently move it to a bigger pot.. I noticed the center is starting to smell faint like weed if you put your nose to it, if that helps/

I have photos of it in my galleries if anyone is willing to help me out. I don't have a ph thing (sorry, will get one)

Please and Thank You, A worried grower

Hi Red-Eyes,

I'm on my 2nd grow so not a heck of a lot of cannibis grow experience but I've grown other plants before so I'll offer you some of my insight based on that.

First, your plant doesn't look too bad; especially in the last pic. It's hard to tell too much from the photos but right off the bat I would say 1. Your pot was too small (but you say you went bigger now which is good. 2. I looks like your plant might not be getting enough light. You said it's sunlight which is fine in the summer outside. If you are inside I'd get some more lights to supplement the sunlight.

If you can't get more lights installed for your plant and you will just go with indoor sunlight then you can probably expect a weak and troubled plant with poor yield and quality. But you might still get something to smoke.

If your water is coming out of the tap it's probably okay but it would help to get some test strips and check the ph of your water. Other than that just let your water sit in the air for awhile to let the chlorine bass off. Basically if people around you drink the water it's fine for plants too.

If you get your plants either outside in full sun or build up a better light source then your plants will probably be fine. Just cut off the dead leaves and keep going. You're new at this as you say so just do the best you can and you'll learn from your mistakes. It's often the best way to learn. Good luck!

If you get your plants either outside in full sun or build up a better light source then your plants will probably be fine. Just cut off the dead leaves and keep going.

Really? Cutting off the problem leaves will not solve the problem that caused the problem leaves. We are likely looking at one or more nute deficiencies caused by a soil that's either too acidic or too alkaline for cannabis. Probably too acidic, as that's typically when lockout occurs.

Read this:
How can I measure the pH of soil/soilless runoff?

Back
Top Bottom