Need help first time grower

Ghefredo

Hi I'm using Mg seed starter I haven't fed them anything just been watering can anybody tell me what I can use to improve my grow I leave the light on 24/7 and please tell me what light source should I use just for both of my plants

Attachments

• 15796272397074332920918293834480.jpg
    15796272397074332920918293834480.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 15796272584407679181508487283774.jpg
    15796272584407679181508487283774.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 109
Can I ask what soil you're using? At this early stage seedlings need very little water. They can drown easily is soil that is too moist. I used a mister to water my seedlings at that stage. It's good that there is pearl lite in your soil. The more the better. The first round leaves you see will yellow and drop off as you seedling grows. The soil does look somewhat compact and wet. If you are using potting soil, depending on the brand it may be too "hot" for your babies.

For proper drainage you should add 1 cup of pearl lite for every 3 cups of soil. Aim roughly for 25% to 30%. I'm in canada. I used ProMix potting soil for my seedlings which is pretty much the same as what you're using now. I paid about $9 bucks for it. Then I went out and bought some Fox Farm soil. It was $24 bucks for a forty liter bag. There are cheaper alternatives but for a first time grow it was nice that the soil did all the feeding the plants needed for the first 8 weeks. Bury as much of the stems as possible and prop your girls up if need be with a thin stick, lower the light and let the soil dry out before wetting it again. It's not too late for them and it's time to start thinking about what kind of soil you're going to grow them in.

If you use Fox Farm or something similar, you can save money on nutes. Just use water and molasses until two weeks before going to 12/12. Then I give em a little N as they stretch in the first couple weeks of flower. EDIT: I should mention that i do feed my plants while in flower. Anything that is 1 -4 - 7 will do during flower. It is your grow and your curve of course, but I am keeping things simple. It hasn't been expensive either! You can keep adding a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses to a gallon of water ( Molasses. It really works ).

Attachments

• weed5.jpg
    weed5.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 89
  • hybrid 6th week flower 2.jpg
    hybrid 6th week flower 2.jpg
    915.5 KB · Views: 96
Check out Greenleaf Nutrients. They have a deal to where they send you a free bag of Mega Crop, you just pay for the shipping. Order that, a bag of Fox Farms, Roots Organic, or whatever flavor you fancy, then mix 8 quarts of perlite #3/4 if you can find it. (It’s just chunkier) the sink it in a 5/10 gallon felt and you’ll be set.

Hey @Ghefredo - it looks like you're having fun - and it's great to see you asking lots of questions!

I definitely recommend Fox Farm soil - and a really good inexpensive and modern nutrient is Green Leaf Nutrients MegaCrop. You can join the MegaCrop community here and get tons of advice!

You can also get a free sample for your first grow if you go to the Green Leaf Nutrients web site!!!

Please don't spend lots of money on liquid nutes ;)

And when you get a chance, check these links out, to help get you going:

Top 10 biggest mistakes made by cannabis growers
Growing Cannabis Indoors

There's a lot to be done when growing cannabis - so keep asking questions!

mmmmmm, $4 cake..... I'm hungry now! :lot-o-toke:

Hey @zeroday , how are things tonight? Chocolate or Vanilla cake?

I dunno! :) From the OPs pic, it looks like a drizzled cake of some sort, that cost him $4. Underneath, there is something that also looks like it could fit a munchy profile.

The dude shows serious prep. He already has the munchies ready, in the tent with the weed growing. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom