Need Help! First Timer Here

chad44145

Well, I started work late this season, but it is picking up. I will have to wait til payday to change reflection. It seems okay, even doing great right now. I have only one right now, but this is my experimenting and learning stage...learning curve is easy when more people engage though. I appreciate your help a lot.

chad44145

Well look, I am heading out so I will be offline...can't sit here forever...lol. I really need feedback about everything here such as the yellow on the plants, what I have done so far, such as flushing with 6.5 phed water, then adding 1/4 tsp mix of dyna0gro as well as sprayed foliage. I appreciate your help a lot everyone.

TaylorMade420

tbh i dont think the problem is such a big deal, just let em dry out in between feeds looks like a tiny bit of nute burn, if the problem persists flush and then add quarter strength nutes..... keep it simple....and remember its a weed, just try not to love it to death

chad44145

tbh i dont think the problem is such a big deal, just let em dry out in between feeds looks like a tiny bit of nute burn, if the problem persists flush and then add quarter strength nutes..... keep it simple....and remember its a weed, just try not to love it to death

Yeah, as I mentioned: used a well balanced phed (6.5) to flush last night. After I flushed I mixed another phed to one gallon of water and then added 1/4 tsp of Dyna-gro and watered as well as sprayed the foliage. I mixed a 6.5 phed (just water) solution and sprayed the leaves a few minutes ago to clear any build up of Dyna-gro. Looked like new growth was underway underneath the upper leaves. I will wait for it to dry out some and feed it again with some 1/4 strength Dyna-gro to one gallon of water and feed. Do you have a suggestion on when I can up the nutrient ratio, such as 1/2 to gallon or 1 tsp to gallon?

chad44145

Will do. I was hesitant about adding 1/4 mix nutes after flushing, but it was recommended. Also, I sprayed it last night with phed water (on the foliage) because I saw some white build up on a small set of leaves. I am thinking it was from the nute spray from the day before. Like I said before, new growth is showing and the damaged leaves look better.

chad44145

Well, after adding that 1/4 mix to the thing, it seemed to have taken it well. The foliage got a little greener and more growth is occurring. However, I thought I seen a small yellow spot growing on one fan leaf...might still be in recovery. I also noticed I can smell the plant as well...yeah. I am going to wait a few more days before I think about watering. I have been reading some sites about the ph and some say 6.5 and other are 5.5-6.5. Should I consider watering it with a lower ph (without nutes) at 6.5, or should I water with 1/4 mix nute to a gallon at 6.5 ph water or lower the ph more? Thanks

chad44145

for black earth adjust your pH to 6.5 for your plants.

That is what I started doing for them once I bought a good ph test kit. It might be between 6.4-6.5, but the plant looks better. The leaves that were damaged due to whatever I was dealing with won't be growing back, but new growth has taken that place. I might post some pictures of it. Staying home from work today...back been hurting for a week now, been treating it with weed, and that's no shit.

chad44145

Okay, gonna post a few pics here. It has been about 2 days since adjusting ph and adding Dyna-Gro. I compared the pics with those from a few days ago...results are showing new growth and greener foliage. However, a few fan leaves are still showing signs of claw. The soil looks a little dry...starting to pull from inside of pot.
New_Growth_2.JPG
New_Growth7.JPG

chad44145

The top picture...if you look at the bottom foliage, it looks to have a little yellowish coloring around the edges. Could this still be recovery? The bottom picture shows the new growth (top foliage) within a days time, but has yellow tips. The stem seems healthy...I pushed it with a pencil and it seems strong. Any thoughts? Think I should water with 1/4 nutes til water seeps out the bottom?

chad44145

Also, I have noticed that the light I have hits the top canopy nicely, but the lower area might need some lighting. Only lights I have are 26 watt (100 replacement) 2,700 kelvin. Could I use one or two of those for under the canopy?

Top Bottom