Need Help! First Timer Here

best watering schedule is no schedule :).

Just water when plants are dry.

As for feeding I literally feed every single watering.

best watering schedule is no schedule :).

Just water when plants are dry.

As for feeding I literally feed every single watering.

You know, I thought that the watering schedule would be tough to keep. I watered last night with nutes and think the mix is decent enough to add nutes every time I water. I noticed some of the claw started to dissipate, but is still present in some fan leaves. It is odd though because it shows new growth everyday, but I feel it does not grow as fast as I want it....just patience maybe. The soil i'm in does not necessarily require that I water/feed all the time you know. I think it is like every three days or so. I will get a moisture meter soon however. To be honest, I think everything was messed up and it is still recovering, so the claw could take a few more days. I was tempted to up the nutes to 1/2 per gallon of phed water because the mix is 7-9-5....what do you think? Thanks Jim Dog

Chad- Do plan on adding more light when you flip cycles? I saw you were thinking about trying scrog. Just remember when u flower the plants like more light. I'm just trying to get a feel for setup.... In my current setup i was vegin 10 under 2k when I flipped cycles I waited about 10 days then flipped bulbs and turned on other 2k. I wait a week or so to change bulbs after time switch. My ladies seem not to stretch as bad when I do it that way. Anyway you lookin like your on the right track! Keep it up eventually you will learn to read your plants or listen when there asking so to speak. Until next time Happy Growing!:thumb:

I have more light for the flowering cycle. I also thought about adding bulbs towards the bottom of the plant whether I add a screen or not. I thought I will place my 2,700 at the top and have a few 6,500 k towards the bottom to help a little. What do you think?

7-9-5 is a terrible ratio for both veg and flower. You are still in veg right now right? That P is incredibly too high for veg. a NPK ratio for veg should look more like 7-2-5 or even 7-1-5 maybe 5-2-7 or 5-1-7 but having more phosphorous then nitrogen and Potassium is really bad for weed in veg.

something close to a 3-1-3 ratio for veg is about right. And keep in mind 3-1-3 is that exact same as say 45-15-45 or 12-4-12.

some plants may like a little more K then N others want more N then K but all cannabis plants do not need or want much phosphorous in veg.

in flower a ratio more like 1-7-7, 1-5-6 or 1-6-5 is around right. Some will like more P then K others more K then P but you dont need or want much N at all.

I have more light for the flowering cycle. I also thought about adding bulbs towards the bottom of the plant whether I add a screen or not. I thought I will place my 2,700 at the top and have a few 6,500 k towards the bottom to help a little. What do you think?

IMO side lighting will serve you better rather than lighting from underneath. But the more light the better. Mix up color spectrums they will love you for it!
Also I have to agree with jimmy on nutes. If possible pick one nute brand and follow there guidelines for each phase of growth. Over time you will create your own style or technique.

7-9-5 is a terrible ratio for both veg and flower. You are still in veg right now right? That P is incredibly too high for veg. a NPK ratio for veg should look more like 7-2-5 or even 7-1-5 maybe 5-2-7 or 5-1-7 but having more phosphorous then nitrogen and Potassium is really bad for weed in veg.

something close to a 3-1-3 ratio for veg is about right. And keep in mind 3-1-3 is that exact same as say 45-15-45 or 12-4-12.

some plants may like a little more K then N others want more N then K but all cannabis plants do not need or want much phosphorous in veg.

in flower a ratio more like 1-7-7, 1-5-6 or 1-6-5 is around right. Some will like more P then K others more K then P but you dont need or want much N at all.

Sorry to jump in your journal Chad44145 just want to say thanks for that jimmycricket ive wanted a straight answer to that question im 10 days into flower and have a 2, 1, 3.4 fert at the moment but im going to find something more suitable now. :thanks:

Im sure your plants will love any extra light you can get to them Chad44145 if you can keep them cool enough the more the better.

IMO side lighting will serve you better rather than lighting from underneath. But the more light the better. Mix up color spectrums they will love you for it!
Also I have to agree with jimmy on nutes. If possible pick one nute brand and follow there guidelines for each phase of growth. Over time you will create your own style or technique.

What I have seems to be working. I have read a few journals that used Dyna-Gro and like it. I think my main problem is getting the soil conditions right so it can recover. Now, I sent another guy a message about the lighting. I have two totes stacked, so my space is sort of limited until I expand. I will have to set up another grow room for flowering. But for now, I have the tools for one more light until i decide to start flowering. It has an aluminum casting (cone), so I can concentrate the light where heavy growth is evident. Would that be okay?

Just an update ladies and gents. The only plant I have is approximately 2'. Some of the leaves that have suffered from nute burn or nute deficiency are not recovering, but there is new growth everyday and the new growth looks okay. I am also watering more frequently, which the plant seems to enjoy. I also built a bigger grow room that is almost done. I will post pictures once I determine the sex. As of right now, I see something beside a pistil, but that might be a set of leaves coming in. Hope it is a female.

waiting for photographs.

Sorry it has been taking a while, but guess what...it's a female. I noticed the other day at the center of a node that there were two ball-looking, but not quite ball-looking shapes in between the nodes or whatever. I waited a few more days and noticed one hair coming from one side, so i thought it could be male, female, or herm. However, today I noticed that there are two hairs coming out of the sacks or whatever you call them on both sides. Matter of fact, it seems like hairs are coming out of all the areas I mentioned. So, what I did was went ahead a decided to change lights and light cycle (12/12). Within a few hours of under different lighting, I noticed the hairs were protruding even farther than they were earlier. I am excited, but I am still concerned because of the nute burn, but it has been slowing to a crawl and the old fan leaves are really the only ones that took most of the damage, but everything seems to be looking really good. Matter of fact, it seems the plant takes better under the different lights...odd. I will post pictures soon enough...I have been really busy lately. Sorry

Quick update. Sorry about pictures ladies and gentlemen, but my camera is screwed right this moment. My girl has been under 12/12 for about a week and looks good. However, it got too tall and must have been burned on a leaf, so I dropped it a little from the light. I mean it was right on the light just cooking...dummy. I pulled it out to make any adjustments and noticed the cola. It was small but cute. I gave it a little squeeze and it felt nice and hard...lol. Anyway, I will post pictures soon. I was worried about the girl because the older fan leaves had some nute burn, which will never recover, but they are not all burned up, rather, only a small portion of each effected leaf is approximately 5% burned, but the new growth that supports bud spots are growing great. I noticed a little burn on those leaves as well, but that was from when the fan leaves were burned, so nothing I can do about that. I will post some pictures soon as I can. Thanks

SANY0511.JPG

Okay ladies and gentlemen, here is a quick pic of my girl. You can see the remaining nute burn, but I went ahead and ripped some fan leaves away because they were blocking bud sites. I do not think I will lollipop this girl, rather, leave her go until she is complete. However, that might change upon seeing how big those lower buds produce or grow. I will post more pictures when I get the time, but as promised, I owed this to you all. Thanks

SANY0511.JPG

Okay ladies and gentlemen, here is a quick pic of my girl. You can see the remaining nute burn, but I went ahead and ripped some fan leaves away because they were blocking bud sites. I do not think I will lollipop this girl, rather, leave her go until she is complete. However, that might change upon seeing how big those lower buds produce or grow. I will post more pictures when I get the time, but as promised, I owed this to you all. Thanks

I don't know, I noticed the new fan leaves or whatever are showing signs of nute burn again. I don't have the money to go buy something else, so I will have to manage.

Anyway, I can possibly flush again, but I just watered with regular water today. I mean I am screwed up on this plant here because of lack of funds and so forth. It looks like it is doing okay, but that f'ing nute burn just won't get off my ass. I am assuming it is from salt build up. I have a 1/8 mix to a gallon of 6.5 ph'd water that I feed when I do feed, which is after every two three watering.

1/8 or 1/4 strength nutrients are not too strong for your plant at this point, if anything too low. i believe the claw in the leaves we see is from too much nitrogen and that is what is causing the nutrient burn. too much nitrogen also inhibits flowering. are you still using the same 7-9-5 nutrient mixture you started out with? If so you will have to pick up a bloom or flowering nutrient.

Back
Top Bottom