Need help for grow box!

MrWigles

Hi, I'm building a grow box for my first grow, but I wanna make sure this is an accurate size, I'm growing auto NL from cks. The box stands 4.5ft high and 3.5ft long and 28 inches deep. This is my first grow. I'm gonna be using cfls for now, then switching to a marshydro 300w for flowering.. will this work or is my box to small ? I designed it my self hoping to grow 3 plants at a time with the Scrog method. I just have no clue what I'm doing lol. Also if this grow is successful will I be able to grow a regular strain in this size box? I was hoping to go with cks blueberry strain after this first grow. Also, if the 300w marshydro won't fit I'd just get of the circle ones lol. Help please!

Hi MrWigles, I've never built or grown in a box but i grow in a tent that is 0.8x0.8x1.6. So the your box will be a little smaller but sounds do-able i think although it may be a bit tight especially when you take out the space the light and the pots themselves take away from your height. Using a scrog you should be able to make the most of the area. I think you'll struggle more when it comes to photos, especially if it sativa dominant. I would say 2 in that space would be better. If your using scrog you could just grow 1, top it and fill the net then flower it. Making use of the whole area with just 1 plant.

Your box isn't very tall, but I've seen grow tents advertised around the internet which are shorter. So it should work. In a tight space like that you have to be leery of air flow and heat.

I would think you might have to trim your plants to keep them short enough, but I really don't know, maybe you have short plants.

Well that's what I planned on growing in! But decided 30"×30" × 5 ft tall instead, I'm growing auto northern lights by cks as my first grow..I figured if I used a square box my plants would get the most of the light instead of using a rectangular box. I'm unsure of how many I can grow in here. I'm gonna use cfls until they begin to flower then I will use a 400w hps. This is my first grow.. so I kinda wanted to start with 5 plants incase some of them don't make it. Any suggestions ?

Back
Top Bottom