Need help for soil indoor grow - It's a tricky one

BONKAS

Hi Guys first time poster here i'm going to try follow the rules as best I can

SOIL GROW INDOOR

Strain - UNKNOWN REPITUABLE DARK NET SOURCE AUSTRALIAN F1 SEEDSTOCK (I forgotten the strain i'm pretty sure its AFGANI x PINEAPPLE SKUNK)
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil - YATES PREMUIM POTTING MIX PLUS ONE INCH OF YATES SEEDLING MIX IN THE TOP OF THE POT
Grow Stage - SEEDLING
Bucket Size - SMALL POT
Lights - 250 WATT VIPARSPECTRA LED
Nutrients - NONE EXCEPT FOR THE POTTING MIX
Medium - YATES SEE ABOVE
PPM - NA
PH - 6.5 but as I stick the probe (mecahncial 3 in one probe) deeper it goes to a PH of 5
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -25 - 35 Degrees Celcius
Solution Temperature -NA
Room Square Footage - 1 metre by 1.5 metre
Pests - Small fruit fly looking bugs

Problem: I'm trying to grow a closet grow in Pupua New Guinea it's a very hot tropical enviroment and I have been having trouble with my seedlings.

Before I had the closet set up I had my seedlings outdoors for a couple of weeks but I had to hide them in a place that did'nt get enough sun.

I've had them in the closet for about 3 days now i'm going to post a link to pics of the closet.

The one on the right had helmet head at first then sprouted and when i watered it the root snapped off so i just replanted it it seems to be alive but ive got more seeds should i just rip it out? and start again.

The one on the left was doing alright it's growing pretty slow though and before it shivveled up it was prodicing quite a few nodes very close together. After I put it into the closet for a few days the bottom leaves have started to turn yellow and shrivel up. Could it be the straight potting mix? to much fertaliser? or could it be the heat ive got a pretty good extraction system. It seems to get quite dry in the grow room. Or finally could it be the light is to intense its a pretty hectic LED.

Any help would be a saviour cheers blokes.
thumb_IMG_2937_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2936_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2934_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2935_1024.jpg

Re: Need help for soil indoor grow its a tricky one

Heyaa....

This is what I can tell....Your potting mix looks really muddy/dense and wet. I suspect they are having trouble rooting because of the mix having very little or no perlite/vermiculate to aerate the soil. They are also in pretty big containers for starting a photo... its going to take over a week for that soil to dry out properly. You could get some perlite to ad to your soil mix and transplant... I doubt they have rooted those big pots yet... If not... wait till that soil dries almost completely before watering again.

It is hard to tell what distance the lamp is at with that photo's perspective. But You want to keep the LED... even the lower watt ones about 2 feet away from seedlings and slowly lower them down.

That LED is raising the temps to 35 celcius??? That is crazy! Are the fans running properly? That is really warm for a led. Do you live somewhere really warm??? Seedlings like warmer temperatures but that is 31---32 TOPS. Once they get bigger the thrive between 25-30.

But it truly is the potting mix that looks the culprit. Roots can't breathe. Transplant if poissble into a 30% perlite 70% soil mix and do not water until the soil is really dry. Cannabis needs that wet to dry cycle.

I hope that helps. You will have them back on track in no time :) If you have any questions... don't hesitate to ask.

and Happy 4/20!!!!

xxKitty

Thank you so much being the NOOB i am i thought i was under watering didnt realise they like it really dry i know thats a regular rookie mistake.... How often to you recomend watering once a week?

No the LED isnt raising the temperature I live in a very hot tropical climate...

If i water the potting mix it immediately come out of the bottom of the pot is this normal is it still to dense?

I'm working in a developing country its hard to get my hands on perlite any substitutes?

WHOLLY SHIT ITS 4/20 IM WORKING TO MUCH!!! TO BAD I GOT NO BUD TO SMOKE IM ACTUALLY SAD NOW

:)

Watering is not so much about timing as it is about what the plant needs! Most either lift the pot to see it it feels lite, or seeing when the soil, about knuckle deep, feels dry..If you persist with a grow, Good Bud will always be yours!:thumb::
As far as drainage goes, you can scrape by and put a mixture of different sized pebbles mixed in with the soil (since Perlite is not available) ..(PLZ Boil them 1st to kill off any bacteria or hitchhikers)..Hope this helps :)

UPDATE!!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the watering help the plant looks like it is doing a bit better now its certainly greener.

I'm just wondering the plant seems to be a little disfigured its growing so many leaves and the nodes are so close together.

Any suggestions will be great

Is there anything I can do to help it?
thumb_IMG_2943_1024.jpg

Actually Many LEDs DO raise the temps, but only a few degrees per Reflector..I went from 6 CFLs (seedling stage) to 1 Chinese reflector, and saw about a 3 Deg F rise in my own 3x3x6 tent..Recently added another of the same wattage, make etc and saw another small rise...
The tent has a 6" exhaust fan and 2 smaller fans circulating air within..I also am in a very hot, dry climate (getting warmer by the day).
Dispensarys have a problem w/ product drying out fast..I use Boveda humid pks to keep my own medicine hydrated.

Had to turn the central air on to keep the grow room below 85deg F. (tent is inside an unused spare bedroom)..Summers will provide additional challenges, even w/ the Central Air running...Looking at an additional portable unit for the grow room. Problem is that I need a HUMIDIFIER to keep RH at about 40%-50% ..More air conditioning will dry out the air more..(Looking at portable swamp coolers too).
Luckily Ladies are now in flower mode, which does not require such high RH..Nevada can be a problem but I like it here and the new laws are a winner for us.

Back
Top Bottom