Need help from more experienced growers

thumbmaster

I bought some seeds online and have grown them until now without a hitch. they were both almost 8 feet tall before I tied them over. the plant in the pictures is Big Bang. It started getting brownish-grey patches in random spots, more on the top at first and then scattered all over the plant. The stem in the areas near the spots is also somewhat soft and gray. There were about 10 different spots on the plant when the picture was taken but that number has since doubled. They are grown in 12" pots with regular potting soil and is fertilized weekly with miracle gro, regular at first, then a blooming kind once flowering started. it is also affecting the other plant to the same extent, which is Acapulco Gold. Any ideas what might be causing it? I have since harvested so I'm purely asking so that I don't have the same problem next year.

Hi, Welcome.
Can't see your photos mate, maybe consider this tutorial Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

As for your situation, it sounds like mold has been infesting the garden. Note the humidity levels and that will tell us for sure, but I'm guessing it is a combination of stem rot, and/or budrot if its in that stage. Mold can take out a crop quick, so you need to act quick if that's the case. Cut out and remove the infected parts, being careful to not transfer too many spores to fresh locations.

Next year, be diligent, inspect all crevices, and branches of the plants to look for molding patches. For the buds you'd have to look into each growing nug and inspect for budrot. My tell-tale method of a ruined cola is when the accompanying fan leaf to the site "slides right out" indicating there is dead tissue within the cola.

Yep you have gray Mold..If you get yourself a spray/sprits bottle and some potassium bicarbonate , put 2tsp in it a little soap (not detergent) and a bit of olive oil, give it a hit (try not to get it on buds ) you can keep it at bay... or if you’re going to remove infected stem it will stop the spores from flying around.. it raises the alkali to hi for mole to grow. This must be reapplied every 3 days.the gray Mold is coming from the inside of the plant, its in your soil..and enters though the roots. You need to get a super soil mix going,more beneficial bacteria ,funguses, and even beneficial nematodes to make your soil healthy ,,, BUT I see your using SALTS for your nutrients,,$o maybe there is some commercial crap you can buy ....?? Yay nematodes

225E748B-36F8-4E81-9860-6E7466885DB1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom