need help from pro only 2 plant in small closet

1stimer

After germinating, and plant into small pots how close do i put the light to the pot during this beginning stage? i have a 400 watt MH & a 400 watt HPS lights witch one do i use first in this beginning stage, and how many hours of light and how many hours of dark.closet is (2 foot wide) by (7.5 foot length) (8 foot hight). please i want to do it write the first time, i have 5 wonderwoman seeds only starting with 2 at a time.any good correct advice would be much appreciated
(please dont give me bogus advice that would kill my plant please thank you)

thank you
1stimer

When the seedlings break the soil, Have the MH 3' above them, then lower the light 4"--6" a day until it is 18" above the plant tops and maintain that distance throughout the rest of the grow.

MJ grows fastest under a 24/0 lightcycle.

Since you have both MH & HPS, use MH for veg and HPS for flowering.

You're gonna need flo-thru ventilation (intake and exhaust) to control temps and to provide fresh air.

Do yourself a favor and grab hold of an indoor growbook--there's lots you need to know to be a success first time out.

There's no reason to post the same question in more than one section of this forum. the mods and their helpers serf every post daily.

run the Halide in the vegetative stage, and keep it a fair distance like Ranger said 3 feet or so until it has a few SETS of leaves and then gradually lower it closely monitoring the temps......
personally i'm one who belives that the plants NEED to "sleep"(this is an on going contraversy) there are things that take place in the dark cycles(such as root growth) that are impearative to a healthy plant.... so i go 18 light hrs to 6 hrs of dark ...... when they get 1/2 the size of my overall desired height i switch to the HPS and change light hrs ...... but thats a topic for you in a few months....good luck !!

POKINSMOT said:
run the Halide in the vegetative stage, and keep it a fair distance like Ranger said 3 feet or so until it has a few SETS of leaves and then gradually lower it closely monitoring the temps......
personally i'm one who belives that the plants NEED to "sleep"(this is an on going contraversy) there are things that take place in the dark cycles(such as root growth) that are impearative to a healthy plant.... so i go 18 light hrs to 6 hrs of dark ...... when they get 1/2 the size of my overall desired height i switch to the HPS and change light hrs ...... but thats a topic for you in a few months....good luck !!

I fully agree, plants need a dark period. All too often people think 24hrs is best because it grows them faster. This may work fine as sprouts, but as the plant matures, it does need a dark cycle.

Getting good advice. I always start under floros for many reasons and bring in the mh or hps after they've gotten started. In my grow currently, just put my 9 day and 4 day old crop under the 400mh at @2' to get them used to more intensity. After a day down to 18'', then to 16 then 14 as they adjust and get bigger. Usually not much closer than 12" in veg with my setup and venting. In flower bigger lights 2x600hps starting @14" and down to 4-6 inches before harvest. Since everyones setup and climate are different indoors you'll adjust as the plants demand. Also, floro setup is super cheap ($10 max) shop light and 2 40w daylight bulbs. I use 2 and start @20 seeds in foam cups. If your light is too close or even too far away, the plants will say so.

Back
Top Bottom