Need help identifying my plant's problems

Thedonting

420 Member
1st photo; I tried to top my plant and I believe I missed. Just wondering what the implications of this may be and what I can do about it.

2nd photo; I think this is broad/russet mite damage that I've treated with neem seed oil, though I'm not sure what the clawing and yellowing of leaves are.

3rd photo; I'm not sure what the damage here is, any knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 147
1st photo; I tried to top my plant and I believe I missed. Just wondering what the implications of this may be and what I can do about it.

2nd photo; I think this is broad/russet mite damage that I've treated with neem seed oil, though I'm not sure what the clawing and yellowing of leaves are.

3rd photo; I'm not sure what the damage here is, any knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I've also noticed my the leaves of new growth are a lot lighter green than the older growth.

Hi @Thedonting , welcome to our 420 community!

In picture #1, it looks like you missed. To me, it looks like the end of a branch splitting into two new branches. That is, at the branch end there will be two fan leaves and two growth nodes. It looks like you hit the fan leaf, maybe took out the growth node. Taking the fan leaf off - not a big deal. Hitting the growth node usually means it won't turn into another branch.

Can we get more info about your grow please - and a few more pics. That will help a lot.

Please provide a group pic of your plants.

Please provide a top to bottom pic of your plant.

Please provide a close up of fan leaves with issues.

Are you growing in a tent, a room or a greenhouse?

Are you growing in soil or coco?

What nutrients are you using?

Are you following the nutrient line's feeding schedule?

How often do you water and feed your plants?

Do you pH your water?

Do you take the TDS of your water when you feed?

Do you flush your plants if you are using soil?

When was the last time you uppotted your plants?

What is the temperature and humidity of your environment?

What kind of lights do you use?

How close are your lights to the plants?

Have you used a jewelers loop to check for bugs and bug larvae?

Are you blaze up before answering all these dam questoins?

If you said yes to the last question, then you have come to right place! :)

He's some interesting articles to read in the mean time:

Yellow Cannabis Leaves
What Cannabis Leaves Can Tell You
How Do You Prevent And Treat Nutrient Lockout In Cannabis?

Alright, keep us posted on your progress!

Please provide a group pic of your plants.
I can't unfortunately

Please provide a top to bottom pic of your plant.
Again, I can't...
Please provide a close up of fan leaves with issues.

Are you growing in a tent, a room or a greenhouse?
I'm growing outdoors in the open air, a cool-warm summer currently.
Are you growing in soil or coco?
2 sativas in amended soil in raised garden bed.
1 Indica in amended coco/soil/perlite 33-33-33%

What nutrients are you using?
Seaweed nitrogen extract
Are you following the nutrient line's feeding schedule?
Yes, with a little extra as they are in large pots/beds.

How often do you water and feed your plants?
3-4x weekly.
Do you pH your water?
No.
Do you take the TDS of your water when you feed?
No.
Do you flush your plants if you are using soil?
Yes.
When was the last time you uppotted your plants?
1 month
What is the temperature and humidity of your environment?
25 celcius
What kind of lights do you use?

How close are your lights to the plants?

Have you used a jewelers loop to check for bugs and bug larvae?
No, though I have treated all of my plants with neem seed oil as they had a mite infestation.
Are you blaze up before answering all these dam questoins?
Obviously...

My 2 cents.

Pic 1. Shouldn’t be any problem. The plant should just develop a nodule and grow around it.

Pic 2. Looks like nutrient imbalance and overwatering. If you’re in a pot, then watering shouldn’t have anything to do with the amount of nutes you are using. Watering a potted plant. It might also be shock from defoliating. It looks like you’ve taken a bunch of leaves. Yes?

Pic 3. Looks like gnats. Probably in your soil. Use nematodes (Sciarid fly killer, Mosquito Bits). They eat the babies, larva, eggs. No effect on your roots. You’re outside, so it won’t get them all, but it should help move them somewhere else. I think there are companion plants that you can put next to them to discourage their presence.

How experienced of a grower are you? What is the composition of your soil? :nomo: :hookah:

Lots of issues, mainly with environment and processes

Heed the advice that comes here, do u can get theses girls dialed in

Good luck

Hi @Emilya , I could use your help here please.

For pic #2: I am thinking Nitrogen deficiency because it starts at the bottom of the plant and moves up?

For pic #3: I am thinking either bugs or the beginning of a nutrient deficiency.

I am concerned that if we say Nitrogen deficiency, then it could lead to nutrient lockout.

We have gathered up some info - and now, how can we help @Thedonting better and get him an action plan?

Hi @Emilya , I could use your help here please.

For pic #2: I am thinking Nitrogen deficiency because it starts at the bottom of the plant and moves up?

For pic #3: I am thinking either bugs or the beginning of a nutrient deficiency.

I am concerned that if we say Nitrogen deficiency, then it could lead to nutrient lockout.

We have gathered up some info - and now, how can we help @Thedonting better and get him an action plan?
I can only echo what has already been said. The problems look to be due to watering too often and not allowing a solid rootball to develop, and then that weak root system is having troubles getting enough nutrients. The soil didn't sound to be amended with anything nutritious, just coco and perlite, so there is a big need for additional minerals in this soil and lacking that, a good all around nutrient. The seaweed extract is not supplying the calcium and potassium and all the rest of the things needed at this moment... I strongly recommend finding a better way to feed the plant.
The error in topping is minor damage, and as already said, it will heal.
There are signs of mite damage still and I would keep up with the neem. Being outside can allow all sorts of predators to get at the plants, and gnats are a definite possibility, and I would suggest a mulch to keep the bugs from burrowing in the soil.
The main thing however is to stop watering so often and let that soil dry out each time between watering, all the way down to the bottom of the container so that the roots can recover. A plant enjoying the outside sun should be a lot more robust than this.

I can only echo what has already been said. The problems look to be due to watering too often and not allowing a solid rootball to develop, and then that weak root system is having troubles getting enough nutrients. The soil didn't sound to be amended with anything nutritious, just coco and perlite, so there is a big need for additional minerals in this soil and lacking that, a good all around nutrient. The seaweed extract is not supplying the calcium and potassium and all the rest of the things needed at this moment... I strongly recommend finding a better way to feed the plant.
The error in topping is minor damage, and as already said, it will heal.
There are signs of mite damage still and I would keep up with the neem. Being outside can allow all sorts of predators to get at the plants, and gnats are a definite possibility, and I would suggest a mulch to keep the bugs from burrowing in the soil.
The main thing however is to stop watering so often and let that soil dry out each time between watering, all the way down to the bottom of the container so that the roots can recover. A plant enjoying the outside sun should be a lot more robust than this.

Thanks so much for that @Emilya - I was stuck on this one!

I will remember to watch for soil/coco mixes and how it affects watering and feeding.

Outside grows likely need daily attention for pests too!

Alright @Thedonting - you are good to go now!

Poke around our community here - and if you still have questions, let us know :)

Back
Top Bottom