Need Help Making Large Amount Of Hash

hovo

Hey all, I need some help making hash with my keif. I've made hash before with keif by wrapping it in celaphane bag, then wrapping with newspaper. Then I put it in oven for 10 minutes then press it and put it in freezer. I saw the video on youtube. The problem is you can only do it in small amounts, couple of grams or it doesn't come out as good. I have 1/2 lb of OG keif and I need to know better way I can make bomb ass hash out of it. Would buying a hash press be a wise investment or is it a waste of money? Your help would be much appreciated, thanks alot. 420!:bong::rofl:

If I could afford it I would buy one. With half a LB of keef if you want big blocks/block the only way I know of is to use a press. There are home made ones around and plans on the internet but I don't know how handy you are or how much time and energy you want to spend on obtaining parts and building one. Sometimes I feel lazy and just buy what I need and sometimes I feel energized and build my own.lol Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

If i had a 1/2 pound of keif I would by a cheap chinese 2 ton press, make a makeshift keif die out of just about anything. Personally I wouldnt spend a dime on a hash press when I could take $50 dollars spend a few bucks on tubing from the depot and there you have it!

Yo, I wish I had your problem! But seriously, if I were gonna have that much weed on hand; I'd do the following:

First step!!!
*******Use a NEW coffee grinder (Walmart, K-mart, grocery store - they are everywhere and only like $10.00 bucks) to remove trichs instead of bubble bags, that way you can still smoke the weed and it will be all nice and paper/bowl ready! *******

(If you must use Bubble Bags, make sure your product is dry before stating this process!!!)

Second Step!!!
Press the powder into a bar or cake
Again! *******The powder should be completely dry before pressing. If it's stored damp it can become moldy, ruining your precious product. So be sure it is totally dry! *******

Pressing the powder into a bar or cake:
1 - To press you'll need heavy plastic wrap (go to Home Depot or a paint store - don't use thin plastic wrap meant for wrapping sandwiches), cardboard, lots of newspaper, a frying pan, a heavy rolling pin and a tile or marble surface for rolling. (go to Home Depot and purchase 1 or 2 tiles for $5.00)

2 - Cut the cardboard to the size you would like your finished bar to be. Make a bag around the cardboard, then remove cardboard. Fill the bag with dry trichomes, seal and wrap in several layers of wet newspaper. Place bundle in frying pan on very low setting. Turn your bar often and unwrap to check if all the trichomes are melted. Don't let the newspapers dry out or catch on fire!

3 - Once melted, remove from frying pan, leave wrapped in newspaper, and transfer to the rolling surface. Using the rolling pin, press and roll from the center out. Continue doing this all the way around your bar for 30 to 45 minutes.

4 - Unwrap newspaper and allow to cool in freezer for at least one hour. Then unwrap from your plastic. You now have some awesome hash!

I got this from an article in Cannabis Culture from years ago. I've used this method many times, though never with as much weed as you have on hand. But this is a true winner, as far as hash methods go and I am very surprised that more ppl don't still use this method.
Later,
P007

Yes, I think a hash press would be a wise investment for this amount of high quality keif. The Space Case one I have is WAY too small for a 1/2lb. of keif, but there are other kinds on the market. Look for the heavy-duty vice like presses, I think a company called Vapor-eyes makes one.

Well I work at marijuana dispensary and I'm trying to make bomb hash out of bomb keif.I don't have to do the 1/2lb at one time. As long as it doesn't take forever, If buying a hash press is the best way I'll get one because I'm gonna need it again for the future. N thanks for the help guys.:bong:

Back
Top Bottom