Need help on 6500k and blooming

growninnorcal

Okay, I've been using a T5 fixture with 6 x 54 watt T5 6500K in a 4x4 tent. I switched out of a 600 watt HPS since tempature has been on the rise here in Norcal. My question is can I still use the 6500K for my bloom stage too but just going to a 12/12? Is that even possible? I'm not expecting huge buds like you would get from an HPS but rather a descent harvest.

Please let me know if this is possible. I really don't want to spend for another set of 6 bulbs. Thanks

ill give you my opinion... the 6500 kelvin bulbs should work fine for your budding. as summer comes to an end the angle at which sunlight passes through the atmosphere causes more blue light to be reflected, thus more red light (3500 kelvin) is visible and this is what plants have adapted to. you will probably get better yield with red light but the blues will work fine and you should get decent yield. you can get T5 bulbs for 5$ each, maybe get a few 3500 kelvin bulbs

as a side note i have done some research on LED panels and they seem to have issues in budding cycle because not enough frequencies are used. T5 are not single frequency bulbs so i think you will be fine

also with T5 bulbs you can have the tops of the plants a few inches away from the bulbs to maximize lighting

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to compare the yields from the T5 compared to the previous 600 watt halide. My main concern was that it was going to be really drastic as far as amount of yield compared to the HPS. I understand it will be less but as long has its not 50% less than the HPS I'm fine with it. Thanks

If I were you I would replace a few of the 6500 k bulbs and replace them with some 2700 k bulbs. So you have a mix of the different light spectrums. And that would save you some money. Or get on craigslist, there is always people on there throwing out or giving away shop lights and fixtures...

yea 2700 is def the way to go. You can put 400 equlivent watts of 2700k in your space and keep the temp down alot. Theres no doubt that hps will have a better turn out, but cfls will do fine with alot of them.

how meny cfl watts an stuff would i need to = to a 400watt hps

The lumen output is the same for each of these five scenarios.
Each represents a total lumen output of approximately 50,000.

1 400watt HPS H.I.D. = 10 4ft - 54watt T5 H.O. fluorescents = 4.5 150watt EcoPlus fluorescent lamps = 42 4ft - 40watt T12 fluorescents = 84 60watt incandescents.

Hope this helps bro.:peace:

The lumen output is the same for each of these five scenarios.
Each represents a total lumen output of approximately 50,000.

1 400watt HPS H.I.D. = 10 4ft - 54watt T5 H.O. fluorescents = 4.5 150watt EcoPlus fluorescent lamps = 42 4ft - 40watt T12 fluorescents = 84 60watt incandescents.

Hope this helps bro.:peace:

thanks

Helping a buddy out who wants to try his hand at some MJ Gave him 4 4ft sunblaster 54e he is onna put 4 of this in my 5x2.5ft room. Its a kind of what I would call a cold room, but not cold. It's got a exhaust already going outside. My question is, How high would one need to have the lights from the canopy. I see up above its says just a couple inches. The lights are sunblaster. Got 2 57000k and 2 2500k (flower blub that 2500 may be off a little). As I have no clue I will pass on any info. He's old and doesn't use computers lol. But he can grow some really nice veg/fruit (outdoors).

Back
Top Bottom