Need help on diagnosing those leaf issues

Trustle

420 Member
Hello! awsome forum! :)

I would like some input on where should I direct myself to fix those problems on my next crop. It's my 2nd crop.
The first one gave me the same kind problems, I tried to analyse by myself and read on the net and here to find solutions. I came up with 2 things : watering level and CalMag were adjusted/added...

Calmag added: when starting all this, the guy at the shop told me that with this growing medium, CalMag is not really necessary. I thought I identified the issue looking at those leaf table with saturated/deficiencies pictures.

Even with my modifiers, I still encounter the same problems : leaf are showing some unhappy look...Not too bad during veg, goes up a bit in flowering. I had a very decent taste and potency on my first one. Sweet God was good, OG Kush was really something in term of taste and strength. Buds are looking nice also this time, but I think I can produce better with healthy green happy plants.. I will harvest in maybe 10-14 days now... It starting to smell really nice in there... :)

Here are the specs for this one, to help diagnose:

Blue Cookies from CropKing (one turned out really purple!)
PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE
watering at 6-6.2 PH
GH nutrients running at half GH recommended dosage
Grow-Micro-Bloom-RapidStart-Calmag
HLG 550 RSpec V2 light
tent has now AC coming in (really hot summer)
Temps around 23-26 C
RH is now around 45% running dehum now, was running humidifier during veg.

I never PH my soil... is that important?
The pictures gives the idea of the overall problem...

So maybe you guys have some cues for me to where to look at, for the next one...
Thanks a lot!
IMG_20200826_212521.jpg
IMG_20200826_212605.jpg
IMG_20200826_212657.jpg

Hello! awsome forum! :)

I would like some input on where should I direct myself to fix those problems on my next crop. It's my 2nd crop.
The first one gave me the same kind problems, I tried to analyse by myself and read on the net and here to find solutions. I came up with 2 things : watering level and CalMag were adjusted/added...

Calmag added: when starting all this, the guy at the shop told me that with this growing medium, CalMag is not really necessary. I thought I identified the issue looking at those leaf table with saturated/deficiencies pictures.

Even with my modifiers, I still encounter the same problems : leaf are showing some unhappy look...Not too bad during veg, goes up a bit in flowering. I had a very decent taste and potency on my first one. Sweet God was good, OG Kush was really something in term of taste and strength. Buds are looking nice also this time, but I think I can produce better with healthy green happy plants.. I will harvest in maybe 10-14 days now... It starting to smell really nice in there... :)

Here are the specs for this one, to help diagnose:

Blue Cookies from CropKing (one turned out really purple!)
PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE
watering at 6-6.2 PH
GH nutrients running at half GH recommended dosage
Grow-Micro-Bloom-RapidStart-Calmag
HLG 550 RSpec V2 light
tent has now AC coming in (really hot summer)
Temps around 23-26 C
RH is now around 45% running dehum now, was running humidifier during veg.

I never PH my soil... is that important?
The pictures gives the idea of the overall problem...

So maybe you guys have some cues for me to where to look at, for the next one...
Thanks a lot!
IMG_20200826_212521.jpg
IMG_20200826_212605.jpg
IMG_20200826_212657.jpg
Too much Mg water win

Thanks for the replies guys!
Potassium he? I definitely have more look on that. ! :)

Hey bobbrown, not sure I get that, can you elaborate just a bit? That would be helpful, thanks!

Cheers!

Too much Mg = magnesium toxicity no need for cal mag this can be over done.

Try water for the win (forgot the "for") sorry.

To me it looks like your pH is off likely from water. When I see necrosis like that its usually water related. Have you checked your water pH? Check it again it should be anywhere between 5.5pH - 7.5pH outside of that range you will have problems over the long haul in containers.[/QUOTE]

Looks like both P & K def to some degree which is pretty common in flowering to which we may have to question the feeding/nutrient regime is it right ? also some strains are light or heavy feeders... so ye its really not that black or white situation.

More grey, perhaps 50 shades of strains... all a little bit different than the other in till you learnt how to treat them right.

P,K boost might help ya out !

Thanks a lot for taking time to have a look... super appreciated guys! :) I will focus on those inputs closely...

I normally do 6 to 6.2 PH water.. I do have a 4.0Ph solution that turned out weird, with floating stuff now is in the bottle, maybe its calibration is off a bit... Need to go to the store...

Can't wait to harvest those...:)

Just came back from the store. :)
Showed the pictures and their diagnosis is leaning on fungus.
Do you guys think I should also consider a fungi problem?
Thanks!

There's no mold that I can see and it forms in the flowers so your flowers would be looking bad and that is NOT the case.

Just looks like nutrient burn and not that bad. Some plants just get ugly down the stretch. I have one now that is doing something similar. I'm not stressing on it. Just keep an eye on the flowers don't worry too much about the fan leaves they gonna die off anyway so thats good thing. Leave them FALL off perfectly normal.

Thats what I thought. I was not sure of this... thanks for clarifying this up bobrown14! appreciated!
Now I do have a bottle of Cyclone antifungal in my kit... .. the guys there are really helpful and friendly, but maybe I should be more careful hehe .. :)

Thanks!

You can try that stuff but getting close to chop

Cyclone = citric acid and lactobacillis so somewhat harmless.

Not a big citric acid fan here that stuff is made in china and is a chemical that has not been tested for hoo-man consumption even tho its in just about every food product at the store. That seems odd to me.

Back
Top Bottom