Need help on first time growing

blane40

I'm wanting to grow 3 plants for personal and for my friends.

I live in England, hoping to grow them inside my shed in my backyard.

I wanted to grow automated feminized plants, a decent yield and THC percentage.

I was wondering which seeds to get, which soil to get and which lights to get? (assuming they're all I need)

I have a budget of around £50. Thanks to anybody who helps me on this. c:

Any good organic soil will work and with your budget, get one of the cheap big bags of the stuff at your local hardware store. This will set you back 4 or 5 pounds.

Invest in a way to measure liquid pH... drops or test strips are very cheap.

About week 5 of flower, most commercial soils will give out, and you will need to supply nutrients. You may have to increase your budget when this happens... any of the nutrients lines will require you to spend a good portion of your budget on them.

You will need to invest in 3 different sizes of containers for each of your 3 plants... solo/beer cup sized, 4-9 liters and then a 12-19 L size to finish out in. The key to growing good pot is to grow good roots... and the best way to do that is to periodically successively up-pot.

Seeds... any easy to grow auto will do... you as a beginning grower have no hope of getting the maximum yield or THC percentage out of whatever you get... so concentrate on a fast finishing easy to grow strain at first... and cheap... you might be killing a few plants as you learn.

Lights: you need as much light as you can get and can afford to spend the electricity on; not just producing it, but also the electricity needed in cooling the area down from the hot lights. 50 pounds is not going to buy you much, and sadly, to grow a decent amount of pot at a decent quality, you are going to have to get some wattage in there. You can do it with cheap cfl's in a cheap DIY array... but you will get in the end, what you pay for. I always kicked myself for not buying big lights in the beginning, instead of struggling along with t5 fluorescent lights as a newbie... but of course, even these are out of your budget.

You also will need to deal with the smell that will invade your entire house. If you are not going to be able to enclose your area somehow and filter the air, expect 3 plants to totally override an entire house with their smell around week 4 of veg. Everyone living there will know. You can't hide this smell, you need to filter it. This smell stops more growops than even overwatering does. Now we are talking a tent and a fan and an air filter... already out of your budget.

Hope this helps, even though I know it was not what you wanted to hear. If growing pot was easy, everyone would do it. If it was cheap to set up grow areas and could be done everywhere, again, everyone would do it. To do this right, you have to spend some bucks and commit some serious time and effort into creating a place to do it. I have a lot of quotes that have guided me over the years, many that I include in my signature lines. Here is one of them:

If you go cheap, you grow cheap. --Zandor

Seeds is personal preference. You can find many reviews on many different strains. Its like candyland here at 420MAG. Visit some of our sponsors for help in choosing the best strain for you. Soil is another personal preference, I like to go with coco coir and yucca mix, plants seem to respond much quicker than soil. Light is another personal choice. I like cfl's for veg and hps for flower. IMO you should be a bit more flexible with the budget. That probably isn't nearly enough for a full grow, especially for 3 plants. The seeds alone are gonna cost you that much.

Back
Top Bottom