Need Help - Pennywise leaves turning yellow

TwoBirdStoned

3 weeks into flowering my Pennywise's fan leaves turned yellow and started to form dead spots. Around the same time I found a bunch of dead winged-gnats that had gotten sucked up into my light from the fan, and hundreds of dead winged-gnats on the floor of the tent. I'm thinking root aphids or fungus gnats but not totally sure. The plant seems to be alright other than that, non-fan leaves are light in color but still green.

So far I've sprayed a neem oil solution over the top of the soil and at the base of the stem, as well as rinsed with diluted H202 in distilled water. Haven't seen any more gnats and it's been almost 2 weeks. I am using bloom nutrients 3-12-6. Anyone have any advice or have a different diagnosis?

Also, many of the leaves are curling up, maybe too low of humidity?

IMG_264515.jpg

IMG_264714.jpg

IMG_264614.jpg

IMG_264917.jpg

IMG_265114.jpg

IMG_265419.jpg

IMG_265514.jpg

IMG_265612.jpg

IMG_26579.jpg

Take a look at this & see what you think.

leavedeficiencies22.jpg

Looks like a def problem perhaps one or two going on their... i might be tempted to test the PH of the soil as well as it could be PH lock out issue.

On the off chance are you feeding full amount of nutrients ?

Thanks for the input FD.

I am feeding full bloom nutrients, and even adding a little nitrogen as I heard some plants early in bloom still need it.

My PH is 6.5-6.8 in soil.

It might be normal for this strain, I've only seen one other Pennywise grow journal and it did not have this problem but who knows.

So I suspect their is a deficiency, and I'm leaning towards it being from root aphids or fungus gnats after I found a bunch of them. I'm trying neem oil and hydrogen peroxide but haven't seen many solutions when searching the web/forums.

Have you tried some Cal-Mag or Epsoms? Looks like a possible Mag deficiency.

Might be a silly question but what is the recommended ph range for your nutes

Major PITA,

Here are the ingredients of my bloom nutes:

Nitrogen 3%
Phosphate 12%
Potash 6%
Calcium 2%
Magnesium 0.5%
Boron 0.02%
Chlorine 0.1%
Cobalt 0.0015%
Copper 0.05%
Iron 0.1%
Manganese 0.05%
Molybdenum 0.0009%
Sodium 0.1%
Zinc 0.05%

I feed it 1/2tsp twice a week as directed on the bottle. Is that enough Calcium and Magnesium? Looking at the ingredients, is there a clear shortage of a specific element? I'm working on getting some potassium silicate to help the roots.

Happy that you found that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The usual recommendation I see is to flush with triple the soil volume. 4x3=12 gallons.
I would wait to give it anything until it dries out some from the flush, but I have zero experience in this area.

Back
Top Bottom