Need help: plant ready for harvest too early

Andre190

420 Member
I got 1 DoSi Dos x zkittlez in a DWC system. My problem is, I'm at day 42 of flower (seedbank says 56-70 days flowering) and the pistles are all brown and curled, but the trichomes are mostly milky with some being clear. What do I do? Harvest now or go by the trichomes? Below are the specs of the grow tent.

3x3 tent running two 300w LED lights.

I am running the following all according to guidelines.

-3 part general hydroponic nutrients
-grotek calmag
-grotek heavy bud
-grotek bud fuel
-sensi pro bio diesel
-sensi pro rhino K
-Rock resinator
-emerald honey chome.

Newbie here so any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201109_232726.jpg
    20201109_232726.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20201109_232711.jpg
    20201109_232711.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201109_232531.jpg
    20201109_232531.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 41
I started researching the growing and harvesting back in 2017. On this message board and just about every other one I looked at, plus blogs and one-man growing web sites I have came across the same thing. It was wait, be patient, and wait some more. Most recommended watching the trichomes and not the pistils.

My case is that I cannot see the amber, even with a loupe but daughter's friend can so I had him look. Then I started growing Blue Dream and that rarely produces amber based on what some others have said.

There is a good chance that your plant will start growing a few more new pistils which is why the color of pistils is not the best indicator.

My feeling after looking at those photos is that you have 2 to 3 more weeks to go, minimum. Wait till the buds swell up some more and then wait another week.

I started researching the growing and harvesting back in 2017. On this message board and just about every other one I looked at, plus blogs and one-man growing web sites I have came across the same thing. It was wait, be patient, and wait some more. Most recommended watching the trichomes and not the pistils.

My case is that I cannot see the amber, even with a loupe but daughter's friend can so I had him look. Then I started growing Blue Dream and that rarely produces amber based on what some others have said.

There is a good chance that your plant will start growing a few more new pistils which is why the color of pistils is not the best indicator.

My feeling after looking at those photos is that you have 2 to 3 more weeks to go, minimum. Wait till the buds swell up some more and then wait another week.
I don't think of it as clear, cloudy and amber. I prefer the technical terms of transparent, translucent, and opaque. This should be observed with the specimen between the light source and the lens. Transparent=you can see your finger through the trich. Translucent=you can see the shadow of you finger through the trich. Opaque=can't see through the trich. Remember to use transmitted light, not reflected light.

Thanks @SmokingWings i will do that. I appreciate the help.

I don't think of it as clear, cloudy and amber. I prefer the technical terms of transparent, translucent, and opaque. This should be observed with the specimen between the light source and the lens. Transparent=you can see your finger through the trich. Translucent=you can see the shadow of you finger through the trich. Opaque=can't see through the trich. Remember to use transmitted light, not reflected light.
Transmitted light as in direct light? My 40x mag glass has a little LED on it

Back
Top Bottom