Need Help Please

Then I will use the next step up.
I think the next step up is about here-she's got to be real close to rootbound in that cup...
Up-potting may also help with her "funny" leaf problems-they just always get happier in a new home...

They need to get really dry between watering in veg. If you have a cup that is the same size, fill it with your dirt. Keep it dry and use it to compare weights. When your plant is dry enough it should feel as light as the dry cup. The plants at this stage don't weigh much, so they should feel very similar. This is an easy trick a bunch of new growers use to gauge when to water.

Dry soil on top and cup feels light weight. Should I wait longer between watering maybe?
yes, if you are waiting for the plants to drain all of the water out of the container, all the way to the bottom, you should feel NO water weight at all. Dry soil on top means nothing to a weed, the important roots are at the bottom of the container, and they need to dry out each time. I call this the wet/dry cycle, and the clue that you gave me that you are not doing this was that you were watering every 3-4 days. If you were watering properly, the time between waterings would actually shrink each time as the roots got stronger and took over more space in that container. A container that at first could go 5-7 days between waterings will eventually get so many roots in it that you will see it go down to 24-48 hours between waterings, and this is when you know that it is time to up-pot... so that you can start this process of building a rootball all over again in a container about 3x bigger.
Try this waiting to water until the plant is really really dry a few cycles and see what you think. I bet you will see an immediate improvement in vigor in your weed.

Back
Top Bottom