Need help - Removed the shell once my Auto Jack sprouted and that's how they are now

Longhini

2 of auto jacks that we germinated before planting in soil , and they peeked out of my soil in 2 days with the seed shell stuck on top slightly open so i dropped few drops of mineral water on seed shell and removed it with my fingers without excess force. this is how they look like after 2 days. is it normal ?? please help :lot-o-toke:

IMG_326516.jpg
IMG_326415.JPG
IMG_326318.jpg
IMG_325717.jpg
IMG_325622.jpg
IMG_325521.jpg

Re: need helpw , removed the shell once my auto jack sprouted and thats how they are

Have to wait it out and see. You don't mess with the shell unless the leaf has already split and it's hanging on one side and even then it will usually fix itself, as messing with Mother Nature can cause you more problems than just letting it do it's thing ;) . Is it in soil? Looks a bit on the wet side, they need to be moist but not soaked as it won't need much until it gets a root system and starts growing.

Re: Need help - Removed the shell once my auto jack sprouted and that's how they are

Is what I'm looking at the membrane from the inside of the shell? Of it is, you'll need to keep it from drying out, it'll get REALLY stiff and kill it. If that's what it is,you spray it with water regularly, but obviously insert some common sense and don't over do it A tip for next time, so you don't have to manipulate it manually. Try spraying water on it once it breaks the surface. Some of my thc bomb seeds will keep the shell on until it dies. Now it's a religious thing for all of my beans.

Re: Need help - Removed the shell once my auto jack sprouted and that's how they are

Sometimes that membrane also will not come off. I have had to use some really fine tweezers to remove it too. Judgment call. The plant will survive if you damage or remove one cotelydon.

Back
Top Bottom