Need Help! Seedlings acting funky

To227

Hi guys, been lurking the forums for a while now but this is my first actual post. Second grow attempt, first one was a massively under researched failure.
This time around I've actually taken the time to read the necessary information and invested the time in a "proper" set up. I have 5 random seedlings growing inside a 70/30 coco coir perlite mix under 2 23W 5000k cfl bulbs (all I could fit in my seedling enclosure, will be adding much more light once my tent is set). My temps generally stay between 72 and 80 degrees lights on with 35-50% humidity.
I have not gotten a chance to ph my medium yet, as I couldn't find a kit and someone I know has successfully grown with no ph checks in coco and our local tap water (mine is aerated with an aquarium air stone >24 hours prior).
I began seeing sprouts on the 16th, by the 18th all 5 were above ground. I soaked the medium the night before sowing seeds and have given one very very very light watering since then, as my top half inch of medium went dry. Wondering if anyone can shed some light as to why two of my plants are leaning sideways (one healthy looking, one turning kind of dark greenish black), one still hasn't opened up all the way, and one is turning kind of pale and the starter leaves are dropping.

I'm thinking that maybe they're lacking proper nutrient intake? I plan on mixing in some organic young coconut water in with next feed for a subtle boost, but i'm a noob so i could be wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You will lose some seedlings to stem rot, bad genetics, etc. Concentrate on the healthy seedlings. Remove the rotting seedlings so they don't infect the rest.

DO NOT start on any nutes until they are a month old! There are enough nutrients in the soil and cotyledons to feed them for that long. When the cotyledons shrivel, that is when you can begin a weekly feeding of nutes at 1/4 the amount stated on the bottle.

With cannibus, less is better. Less fussing, less nutes, less frequency of watering.

Back
Top Bottom