Need help - Seeds keep dying

Make sure your temps are at least 70 f. I soak mine in a shot glass of water for 24 hr. Then in a wet towel. Keep it moist but no water standing. Don't let it dry out. After 2-3 days the seed will have a 3/4"-1" little root. Put it in a good soil or coco. Plant 1/2" deep. Water it with no nutes. Keep warm and have light. It should grow

1) Make sure your soil/medium drains well. Add inorganics like sand and perlite to aide in keeping the soil from holding too much moisture. I mix my medium with 1/3 Black magic potting soil, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 sand. You can eliminate the sand and add more perlite, maybe 50/50 soil and perlite.

2) Make sure you use FRESH (not re-used) MEDIUM and thoroughly clean cups for your seedlings to avoid the fungus that rots your tender seedlings. After they have a few leaves and a sturdy stem, you can transplant them to recycled medium.

3) When preparing your containers (I use solo cups with holes for drainage) for the sprouts, water thoroughly once, let the solo cups drain until no more water seeps out of the holes, THEN set your sprouts 1/2" deep into the soil.

4) Depending on the ambient humidity of your seedling nursery, you can either leave them exposed or cap them with a clear solo cup with a ventilation hole, which you will remove daily for an hour or so to vent excess moisture.

5) Keep them warm. The easiest way is to place them under any small lamp, with the bulb at a comfortable distance from the seedling. Use the hand method to test how close. You can also set up a small nursery on a shelf with a desk lamp, which will keep them warm enough to thrive.

Back
Top Bottom