Has this plant turned hermie?

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 111
It's a friends plant. It had flowered previously and she tried to reveg.
By seeded, do you mean there are seeds growing in there? Should it be removed from the grow room?

Should it be segregated and will it continue to produce seed?

She is pretty sure all the males have been removed from room.

i had a plant flower all weird with what looked like tiny calyx all over. it went the full term and was frosty asf and smacked but was def some kind of genetic mutant. i would have it by itself because you could have male parts that could pollinate the females worse case scenario.

I would check to see if there is a seed in there. If there is it got pollinated somehow. You would have to check for pollen sacs or nanners. If there aren't any you should be safe to put it back with the others. After all, you don't get pregnant by standing next to a pregnant woman. It may have been pollinated by a sneaky flower on one of the males she took out.
If there isn't, it is weird, but I don't see how it could hurt at this point. Remove it if you want.

IMG_20200605_183953.jpg

Plant in this photo is male.
Your plant looks like a plant with a swollen calyx meaning, it's either a female with a seed inside that calyx OR a female that hermie and grew pollen saks/nanners and pollinated your plant.
Or its simpley a fat calyx on a female plant.

Best advise; Look inside that calyx, if you find a seed. Check your plants carefully for pollen sakes, white flowers and or bananas growing.

More photos would be helpful.

When looking for male flowers. Pay lots of attention to the lower parts of the plant and the branch junctions.

That could be a seed or nothing at all. Plants do weird shit sometimes. If all looks good and there are no hermies or males don't worry. Just keep it in front so you can keep a good eye on it all the time.

Has this plant turned hermie?
The beauty of nature
There are two types of hermaphrodite plants:
  • A plant that develops both buds and pollen sacs
  • A plant that produces anthers, commonly referred to as “bananas” due to their appearance
While both result in pollen production, true hermaphrodites produce sacs that need to rupture, while anthers are exposed, pollen-producing stamen.
#preflowers
#Leafly

Attachments

• Male-female-1.png
    Male-female-1.png
    306.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Hermaphrodite-1.png
    Hermaphrodite-1.png
    372 KB · Views: 68
When looking for male flowers. Pay lots of attention to the lower parts of the plant and the branch junctions.

That could be a seed or nothing at all. Plants do weird shit sometimes. If all looks good and there are no hermies or males don't worry. Just keep it in front so you can keep a good eye on it all the time.
Thats right where I found a couple sneaky ones last grow. Only one mature seed found thus far in the full purple pheno now through burping...maybe not a bad thing.
C274C3C3-CF0D-4C16-AA50-B051072F0E39.jpeg

The beauty of nature
There are two types of hermaphrodite plants:
  • A plant that develops both buds and pollen sacs
  • A plant that produces anthers, commonly referred to as “bananas” due to their appearance
While both result in pollen production, true hermaphrodites produce sacs that need to rupture, while anthers are exposed, pollen-producing stamen.
#preflowers
#Leafly

Nanners do not always produce viable pollen. Most do not produce pollen at all. If they do its not very much.

A true hamaphrodite will have both sexes mature sexual organs, these plants need to be culled.

Back
Top Bottom