Need help sexing my plants

first420

420 Member
I have 11 plants, 5 definite females / showing pistils. Need help with the others any help would be very much appreciated, all plants from 'bag seed' first time growing indoor.

Under 2x600w

White power substance is organic dustaway 'gant-off' i added last night when i noticed a few gants hanging about.

Plan No 1 Under suspicion;

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 126
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 128
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 124
Yeah the 'banana' sacks are after its matured a fair bit if i am correct? Mine are about 8-10 weeks old, about 2f in hight. From what i have read sex should be able to be identified at this stage. I am hoping to root out he males early as the grow room is starting to get crowed, and i would like to maximise the light for the females.

Thanks for the reference tho!

-F

Rofl, that gave me a good chuckle.

All Legal age and signed consent and willing. Still if anyone has an idea, for example, the 2nd image, shows things a little storks but, i am not sure if these are just new random grows or preflowers

-F

Thanks CanadianJim, I will hold out for a bit more - at least as much as i can. Its getting close to time to flip them they are between 550mm - 750mm in height, and i have about 1400mm in total height available so dont want to leave it to much longer. Out of the 11 plants - 6 are very obviously female - showing pistils and the white hairs, the rest present more or less like the photos i have shared, my gut is telling me to not trust them and yank - as males should show before females (or so i am told) you saying it may be to early to tell make its even more perplexing!

oh the joys. Guess i will give it a few more days/end of the week, thoughts?

Thanks Again.

Why don't you flip then? The sex will be clear pretty quickly, and if you take the males out before any flowers open you won't have to worry about pollination.

Yeah was thinking the same thing this morning; the largest plant grew another 5cm overnight! So space is becoming a concern if i leave them in growth for to much longer.

The same plant in the images i posted now has what looks like female pre-flowers on the some of the latest nodes! (Will try and post a pic a shortly) so damn hard as a first timer! i have changed my mind about the sex of this plant about 300 times now lol. Planning on flipping today or tomorrow and pay close attention over the next few days.

How long typically do you have once flipped before possible pollination occurring?

Cheers
-F

It varies. You'll have plenty of time as long as you're thorough checking the plants over every day. The male flowers form faster than buds, and are pretty distinctive. The pic @CADBOY posted is a great one of male flowers before they open. As long as they look like that you should be safe.

6 weeks into flowering, Found 1 male 2 hermis early on (2 weeks in), leaving 8. 2 weeks ago i noticed 2 plants having a few nanna's so i cut them both down completely - hoping to get some oil out of it. Bit over a week ago i notice 2 plants having one or two nannas :( so plucked them off and keeping an eye (dont want to lose more!), seems they mostly self pollinated the lower parts of each respective plant, the other 4 at still looking good; below is a few images of the GSC's - Apparently a 9-10 week flower, but seems to be coming along very nicely in its 7th week:
a.JPG

b.JPG

Thoughts on time remaining?

Cheers.
F420

Back
Top Bottom