Need help urgent

cacete

Hi there fellow growers. I need your help with my problem so here it goes.

My baby is gonna make more or less 60 days at the end of october (this month), it has nice buds. So at early November should be at her peak. But the main problem is i´m going on vacation on the 9th of November and won´t be back till 27th of November. My question is should i wait till i arrive to harvest/cure my plant? If they are at point i could harvest by the the end of october and dry the buds for at least 7 days but what about the cure? i can´t leave them for about 2 weeks in jars without opening the jars. Can i leave the jars a little bit open so that air can circulate? I´m afraid if i don´t harvest by the time i get home it will be way past peak time.

Any ideas?

This is my first time with a problem like this

Many thanks

I would just hang the plants upside down in a cool, dry place till you get back to trim them up. Takes a little more work to trim them that way but not bad.

I would just hang the plants upside down in a cool, dry place till you get back to trim them up. Takes a little more work to trim them that way but not bad.

But isin´t that to long drying? I´m afraid that when i´m back they will be overdry.

Anymore more ideas i´m open to sugestions.

Thanks

Dry them as long as you can then store them in brown paper bags with the top closed. Leave as much stem as you can
to help slow drying. Don't pack em in the bags. A single layer is best with just a little air space. The bag will breath.
Put them in jars when you get back for a day or two to even out the moisture.
On the other hand if they are just barely ripe for your liking before you leave I would be tempted just to wait.

Hi there fellow growers. I need your help with my problem so here it goes.

My baby is gonna make more or less 60 days at the end of october (this month), it has nice buds. So at early November should be at her peak. But the main problem is i´m going on vacation on the 9th of November and won´t be back till 27th of November. My question is should i wait till i arrive to harvest/cure my plant? If they are at point i could harvest by the the end of october and dry the buds for at least 7 days but what about the cure? i can´t leave them for about 2 weeks in jars without opening the jars. Can i leave the jars a little bit open so that air can circulate? I´m afraid if i don´t harvest by the time i get home it will be way past peak time.

Any ideas?

This is my first time with a problem like this

Many thanks

My suggestion is get them dry first for 7 days as mentioned, and then get "humidipaks" to put in with your jars. They make some that are just the right humidity percentage for cannabis. This will keep them at an optimum humidity while you are gone, allowing the cure to progress without needing to burp jars (ideally). It's not perfect, because I'd rather be able to check on them and burp them, but if you get the bulk of the dry done so that you are just to the curing stage... could work in a pinch.

Do a google search for "humidipak" or boveda humidipak. The headshops sometimes sell these too. I'd go for the 62%, which they purposely designed for MMJ.

They are no substitute for a proper dry/cure, but if you get the bulk of the dry, they can save your bacon potentially. They reduce or increase the humidity as needed to keep it at the 62% moisture level. In a quart sized jar, I'd do 3-4 of them (they are just little packets). I've used them for a while, and they are the best thing since sliced bread IMO.

:goodluck:

FYI we sell humidipaks, ;)

Great to know JJ, as I've inspired a number of people on here to start using them. They are a really great product IMO. Now, I know which way to steer people when they ask.

Edit: Wait, I just looked on your site so I could post a link --- I couldn't find it listed? Can you post a link here? I'll share a link in my journal if you have one, too - like I said, I've turned quite a few people onto these things... Thanks! X

Boveda Humidipak

I agree, fantastic product, we've been using them since July 2011, no issues!

Had to add it to the site, we have a few items in our store not online yet. I'll get 12 packs up as well, soon. Appreciate your support ;)

Cool! Those are bigger than the ones I've seen. Do you know -- would you just use one per quart wide-mouthed jar of that size? The ones I've used and have bought are 2" x 2", quite a bit smaller. Those larger sized ones intrigue me. Curious as to any further thoughts you have on them as far as using in mason jars like that... Thanks for the link and any info you have. :thumb:

Also, do you have the smaller sizes too? Just curious - thanks again.

Yes we have the smaller ones, however only the 69% right now.

The rule we've been going by, which can definitely be played with, is the small ones of QP's and the large ones for P's

So far it's worked out well.

Well this as work out fine. Many ideas. The humudity paks are nice but crysis solved. My good friend and fellow grower will be curing my shit until i arrive from my holidays. And because i´m a huge fan of the couch body stone i will let until the day before i´m going on vacations to harvest. So the trichs can be almost 65% amber. Head high and no sleep isn´t for me. I prefer my high to be like brain freeze and body numb LOL.

Thanl you all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom