Need help with 2 week old plant please!

Lusifers-Budz

i bought this seedling on sunday and had it on a 24 hour light on cycle so it could get use to my lights now today i switched it to 18/6 but see i dont know when to start the cycle dark or light period first (lights dont go off till 8 tonight) ? and is it a good idea doing this ? also my plant seems to have started yellowing on the second from the tops leaves i use MG slow release plant food 19-6-12 in the soil and not really using schultz liquid plant food 10-15-10 in a diff water bottle with tap water (cuz i cant get the ph stuff money problems) and a plain water bottle for regular feeding so i dont know whats going on with my plant can someone please help me its my first time growing and my first time on forums thanks in advance..
weed_plant_yellow_leaves.jpg
weed_every_day_3.jpg
weed_every_day_2.jpg

Re: NEED HELP WITH 2 WEEK OLD PLANT please!!

Hi Lusifers-Budz,

First off, Welcome to 420 Magazine!

Now, you are going to need to get some more lights in there for that baby and also you need to correct the lighting spectrum. During its vegetative stage, you want to have more Blue spectrum over red. When looking for this in CFL light bulbs, you want to see the spectrum rating, for red it's 2700K, on the blue it's 6500K.

Miracle Gro is something you should always avoid when growing cannabis. I highly recommend Blue Planet Nutrients. They are a sponsor here on 420 Magazine and have backed up themselves with MANY positive results in MANY grow journals.

As for the leaves going yellow, the first 2 sets will yellow off and die away as they get further from the light.

Take a look at this thread: "How to Grow Marijuana". It is full of useful information for first timers. It is what I read to get me through my first grow, along with making a grow journal when our members can help you out even more!

Hope this helps! Happy Growing! :thumb:

:Namaste:

Thank you vary much for your info it will help me dearly lol but now im keeping them on a 20/4 light cycle cuz i need them to sleep and yellow leafs thing the lights a pretty close to the plant and with light and stuff im kinda low on money and just lost my job so moneys tight right now and mg was cheap and i also have shultz 10-15-10 i hear thats better ? but im going to try my best to keep people updated with my plant so i can get some help with her

I would recommend putting your light schedule at 18/6 now.

With your lights, I say they are to high because Lumens fade away fast. The closer the lights are to the top of the canopy, the more better your plant will receive the light. Take a look at the picture below, it is for MH lights, but it shows how the light fades away with distance.

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

With CFL, you can have them literally 1/2 inch away from the top. As long as the leaves don't sit on the bulb, they will not get burned from the bulbs. Adding more lights and/or a reflector will help tremendously with the lighting issue as well.

I couldn't comment on the Shultz, however, I still wouldn't use it as those NPK ratings seem a little to high to me. With Blue Planet Nutrients which I use exclusively, for the Grow nutrient, it reads 2-1-1 and the Bloom reads .5-3-2.

I can understand the loss of a job. I had done my 2nd grow while I was jobless. Money gets REALLY tight, I know! Take a look around in the DIY section for some ideas for use of things that you may have laying around. It really helps when you are low on money.

With your lights, I say they are to high because Lumens fade away fast. The closer the lights are to the top of the canopy, the more better your plant will receive the light. Take a look at the picture below, it is for MH lights, but it shows how the light fades away with distance.

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

With CFL, you can have them literally 1/2 inch away from the top. As long as the leaves don't sit on the bulb, they will not get burned from the bulbs. Adding more lights and/or a reflector will help tremendously with the lighting issue as well.

I couldn't comment on the Shultz, however, I still wouldn't use it as those NPK ratings seem a little to high to me. With Blue Planet Nutrients which I use exclusively, for the Grow nutrient, it reads 2-1-1 and the Bloom reads .5-3-2.

I can understand the loss of a job. I had done my 2nd grow while I was jobless. Money gets REALLY tight, I know! Take a look around in the DIY section for some ideas for use of things that you may have laying around. It really helps when you are low on money.

THANK YOU SO MUCH i will read it now and my bulb i had 2 23 watts in there and they were not doing well so i took one out and the lights where high so i though it was to bright but then i read that weed is well.... a weed and it will strech to get more light mine didnt do that i gave it nute burn but now she seems to be doing on and i have one more question i just pinched my plant is this a good idea or no cuz i want a small bushy plant and i thought that would help ???

When you start off with seed, they shouldn't need any nutrients for the first 2 weeks of life. Then you start off with 1/4 strength solution to ease your babies into it.

What do you mean "pinched"? Do you mean you topped her?

You can always do LST if your are trying to keep a short plant.

THANK YOU SO MUCH i will read it now and my bulb i had 2 23 watts in there and they were not doing well so i took one out and the lights where high so i though it was to bright but then i read that weed is well.... a weed and it will strech to get more light mine didnt do that i gave it nute burn but now she seems to be doing on and i have one more question i just pinched my plant is this a good idea or no cuz i want a small bushy plant and i thought that would help ???

When you start off with seed, they shouldn't need any nutrients for the first 2 weeks of life. Then you start off with 1/4 strength solution to ease your babies into it.

What do you mean "pinched"? Do you mean you topped her?

You can always do LST if your are trying to keep a short plant.

i seen its called pinching when u take the two new leafs off and it grows branches ? am i right with this or did i mess up please replay quick :(

:hmmmm: Never heard of such a thing.

Sounds almost like supercropping, however with that you don't take anything off.

I wouldn't take any leaves off when they are still babies, they need all the leaves they got to start taking off in growth. Not for at least the first 4 sets, but that's me. If they don't fall off on their own, they stay til flower time. That's when you want to have the light breaking through the canopy to get the flowers all the light that they require to grow luscious and beautiful. Remember, the leaves intake the light via photosynthesis and stores it. Without the leaves, this can't happen and can cause stress to the plant.

:hmmmm: Never heard of such a thing.

Sounds almost like supercropping, however with that you don't take anything off.

I wouldn't take any leaves off when they are still babies, they need all the leaves they got to start taking off in growth. Not for at least the first 4 sets, but that's me. If they don't fall off on their own, they stay til flower time. That's when you want to have the light breaking through the canopy to get the flowers all the light that they require to grow luscious and beautiful. Remember, the leaves intake the light via photosynthesis and stores it. Without the leaves, this can't happen and can cause stress to the plant.

wow guess you learn something new everyday :p alright ill keep that in mind thank you and theres going to be an update on her

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

Great chart Truth Seeker! May I ask you where you get it? thanks :)

i bought this seedling on sunday and had it on a 24 hour light on cycle so it could get use to my lights now today i switched it to 18/6 but see i dont know when to start the cycle dark or light period first (lights dont go off till 8 tonight) ? and is it a good idea doing this ? also my plant seems to have started yellowing on the second from the tops leaves i use MG slow release plant food 19-6-12 in the soil and not really using schultz liquid plant food 10-15-10 in a diff water bottle with tap water (cuz i cant get the ph stuff money problems) and a plain water bottle for regular feeding so i dont know whats going on with my plant can someone please help me its my first time growing and my first time on forums thanks in advance..
weed_plant_yellow_leaves.jpg
weed_every_day_3.jpg

It would be better if you use LED grow light!

That plant has been watered too much (volume) and watered to often (frequency) the soil is soaking wet, do not water every day, or every other day or every 2 days. When the soil dries out totally - the plant sends tiny root hairs to search for water. As it is now the roots can‘t breathe.

tilt the container to 45 degree angle, leave tilted for 5 full minutes - she will pee. Maybe a little - maybe a lot. This link is a great read Emilya’s How to Water a Potted Plant

Back
Top Bottom