Need help with compost tea

I thought his tea sounded good. Simple tea for the whole grow that's not too expensive. Is there any tea you would recommend for an entire grow? Or do you think its neccesary to have different teas for different stages? Cause I think I want to try both. The recharge in one tent and a tea in the other tent. To see which one i like better

I would just say, be careful of what you do add as fungus gnats are not too fussy :)
If you have a GOOD organic soil you will need small teas , ( nothing fancy )
Depending where your grow is etc you dont want a house full of flies ( made that mistake ) so i stick to quick drench
What would be a good soil that only needs a simple tea? I was just going to use happy frog and add flower girl, premium gold, and worm castings. Is there anything else youd add? Or change

Volcanic Rock Dust is an organic fertilizer consisting of crushed basalt, a volcanic rock, which contains minerals and trace elements which have been ground into a fine dust. Volcanic Rock Dust can be added to the soil to improve fertility, providing calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium, plus over 70 minerals, trace elements and micronutrients. Gardeners have described this as 'magical'. Volcanic Rock Dust mimics the slow process of the earth's own ecosystem to replenish soils and restore the biosphere. When adding rock dust to the soil it allows for a lot more phosphorus uptake and thus largely reduces the amount of phosphorous fertilizers needed

meant to add i use a pure organic yeast extract also

i dont know the brands sorry
if the ingredients have all organic matter then its good to go ,
you can bring more life by adding teas , Making your own is cheaper but can go wrong quickly
I think emilya can fill you in on organic soils better as the brands are nothing i get here
Do you think the tea you posted along with the yeast extract would be enough for the soil with dr earth and worm castings? Or would I need to add something more

i think it would be plenty , your plant will let you know better if it enjoys :)
when you do something new have a back up , im doing a soilless peatmoss grow for the first time making my own , BUT i made sure i put a soil together first as a back up, and a coco pot as another back up lol , never run before you can walk,
bit like pests if you ever make your own pesticide never do the full plant, do a couple of leaves, trail and error
( experimenting ):goodluck:

I think part of the problem here is adding ingredients either via top dress or in a tea and then expecting miraculous results. Yes the ingredients are all there but are they in a form that’s useable to the plant? I think the better idea is to add the ingredients to your soil mix and then cook the soil for at least a month in a barrel or tote to allow the microbes to begin processing the soil and amendments before planting. A good soil like FFOF or whatever brand is amended, mixed and allowed to cook before it’s bagged and sent to retail stores. Yes that soil was cooked initially but it was not cooked after you added the kitchen sink of guanos or amendments... anyway that’s my jam this morning!

yes i agree with 013
ive been having my mix cooking a few weeks now , ill give it 30 days before using it , or it just burns, more of a super soil what i do , ( if this is what you are thinking) its cheap to do so im guessing this is what your driving at

P1100070.JPGP1100071.JPG

this has been going 4 months now in the same mix same pot and only fed once when i flipped to flower sunday just past , just water from my tap >>> still alive lol had mites so some tip got burnt when i treated on new growth but growing out now :)

i think its pretty healthy ( so far )

P1080811.JPGP1080868.JPGP1080867.JPGP1100046.JPG

Attachments

• P1100068.JPG
    P1100068.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
so you got me going now lol
but i am glad as the winter drags in and this will give me something to do
you prime your soil , with all the goodies , wet it ( dont soak ) clean water , let sit for 4 weeks in heat, if it dries MIST , after about 3 weeks then drench with a good tea before you pot up, you don thave to do this but i do , ( i fill my pots the drench ) i drench when i start my seed this gives me four weeks to start my auto , you plan & plant ahead or it doesn't work as well ,
. i ferment things then i add them to my teas after 24 hours ,the good bacteria has an eating frenzy on the bad bacteria , ( its all good though ):cheesygrinsmiley: if you like getting your hands dirty and don't mind a stink this is for you , if not get bagged soil :) it will be better until you get a grip of things then experiment ,
sorry if i am confusing you its very hard for me sometimes to explain hence pictures

first time using fabric pots also ,I am well behind the times here hahaha

P1100095.JPGP1100098.JPGP1100104.JPGP1100111.JPGP1100113.JPG
these are the 2 pots ill soak in tea :)

P1100109.JPG

Back
Top Bottom