Need help with intake location for closet

LoverofLife

My closet has a 600 watt lamp with a 440cfm exhaust fan pulling air through the carbon filter and through the lamp. I am dialing the temps in and got up to 86 degrees running the exhaust on half power. The only way for air to get in is through the cracks on the door right now and that is clearly not enough.

I have many computer fans and also just ordered 2x 6" duct fans. My closet has a shelf that is about 1 foot off the ground. Should I install a grill at the bottom of each door? Or should I cut 2 holes above the closet with the fans pulling in air and run a duct down to the plants? I can cover the holes with some decorative plates or something. The grills in the door might allow too much noise to escape the closet.

What do you guys and gals think? Any tips or advice please. My gallery has the pictures

Given the fact that you're growing in a closet, I'd think that for the summer, you'd be better off reversing that, and run the exhaust up into your attic, than into your room. also, have you thought about instead of one big hole, using a series of small ones? Holes drilled at 45 degree angles to match up will baffle light and sound, but allow for a lot of air to flow, though I'd aim it point up, to prevent dust and dirt from building up and choking it off

Yes I have the exhaust going into the attic already and I'll post a pic when I get home. Think that grills in the bottom of the doors is best. It'll be opposite of the filter and I can make some holes on the shelf to get air right to my tomatoes and cucumbers..

Well, once you put that in, you could also put fabric covered baffles, that will allow air in, but not as much sound and light out. Something similar to those closet doors where they have the slatted doors with slits that murder victims love to hide behind in horror movies. Just aim it so the open end's aimed at the floor inside, if not a double baffle, in 45 degree bafling corners, lowering sound, since the sharp edges and fabric deaden the sound, but allows for open air.

Back
Top Bottom