Need help with NL Auto grow issue - First time grower

sneakygrower

Hey, first time grower here looking for some help with an issue I'm having. Btw I only got this far from all the great posts on this website so thanks for all the great info so far!

What Strain is it? NL Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly Indica
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering Stage
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Planted on 12/30/15, Flowering since roughly 1/21/15. Currently about 4 weeks into flower
Indoor or Outdoor?Indoor
Soil or Hydro?Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix?FF Ocean Forest
If Soil... What Size Pot?5gal, fabric pot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?400W HID set, used MH for veg, currently using HPS for flower. Switching between 200W-400W due to temps
Is it Air Cooled?Lighting is not air cooled but there is full ventilation using 6inch duct fans and carbon filter
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?Had some issues with temp, especially with MH. Averaged high 80s. Currently around 82F with HPS at 200W
RH of Room/Cabinet?Low with not much ability to control as its winter and air is very dry, around 18%
PH of Medium or Reservoir?kept around 6.5
Any Pests?None that I am aware of
How Often are you Watering?Usually every Sunday and Thursday, about 1 gallon of filtered tap water per watering
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?Fox Farm trio, using roughly 50% of recommended dose
Size or Square Footage of Room? roughly 3ft, by 4ft, by 5ft

Everything seemed to be running smoothly, then out of no where the bottom most leaves started turning yellow and dying. Thought it might be a nute deficiency so I uped the bloom nute for one watering, then noticed some nute burn on the end of some leaves. Once I saw nute burn I flushed the plant with a gallon of just filtered water at PH of 6.5. The yellowing seems to be spreading to upper leaves and I am not sure what to do now. I ordered Cal/Mag which will be arriving today but I doubt that will solve the problem that is going on. I don't see how it can be a nute deficiency as I am feeding nutes with every watering and I don't see how its a nute toxicity because I am following the guide that came with nutes and only using 50% of recommended dose. Any ideas on what else can be causing this yellowing? At this stage of flowering I am getting nervous that something is going wrong and if not corrected soon can effect the entire harvest. I am only growing one plant for my first grow so if this one dies I won't be too happy. Thanks for all your help, please see pics below. If you need any other info or more pictures just let me know!

IMG_097536.JPG
IMG_097439.JPG
IMG_097333.JPG
IMG_097233.JPG
IMG_097131.JPG
IMG_097033.JPG
IMG_096935.JPG
IMG_096834.JPG

IMG_097733.JPG
IMG_098032.JPG
IMG_098133.JPG

Imo. She's just using up whatever nitrogen she has left In the leaves. She looks fine for the 4th week of flower. I'd say 2/3 of the way done. She'll be getting more and more yellow as she gets older. It's normal for water leaves to fade.
You do need to Watch for spotting and blotches to recognize a phosphorus or potassium and/or cal mag deficiencies. Depending on the symptoms.

She will stay with you till the end, cheers

Edit: your nute burn is minimal, also look into the Fox farm soil I believe it has nutes in it already,beware of over feeding.

Looking at the symptoms and the great description that you gave, it seems to me that the problem and its solution leap from the screen. You are having what looks like a deficiency. Your soil is good, it sounds like you are watering correctly and your pH is adjusted correctly.

You are growing an auto, an extremely aggressive grower. You have made a decision however based on your own assumptions however, in spite of the recommendations sitting in front of you. Fox Farm knows how much of their nutrient is needed at this stage of your grow. You are at the point where every nutrient is needed, and in large amounts, and if you look at the feeding schedule for week 5 on the Fox Farm chart you will see that they recommend throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them at this point.

You are giving half strength.

lol... no wonder you have deficiencies.

Keep doing everything else that you are doing, cause it is working for you... but listen to your plants. They are saying feed me, Sneaky... feed me. Give them full strength nutes. Next watering, give them pH adjusted water so that you can use any nutes left over in the soil from the last watering and not build up too many salts. Alternate like this from now on... this is how most of us do it. I think you will immediately see an improvement on the next feeding.

Thanks for all the great info. Emilya, I enjoyed your reply and will make sure to listen to my plants better when they call out to me! Plant is going strong and should be ready for harvest in a few weeks! Very excited.

Back
Top Bottom