Need help with pruning

triddle1410

I have a 3&1/2× 4&1/2 foot closet that i am growing in. They were started as clones and i have two blue ryno and one blue Lemon Thai. They are in happy frog soil amd are doing awsome. They are in 7 gallon grow bags I super cropped them and they have responded awsome. Now my problem is that it is so tight in thr closet thay they are crunching into one another. I took one and gave it to my dad because there was not room for 3 clones. I know you cant touch hash leaves or sugar leaves. Can i go in amd cut all the fan leaves off. They are covering all my buds and i feel they are getting to be a big deal. I am about 1&1/2 2 weeks into flowering. Any help would be nice thanks guys. Happy hemping...

Smokie

Hey there i do the same just do little at a time the lower leaves lollipop that as the light can't make it that fair forces all the light to the top of the plant did you have any pics have a look at my zombie kush

IMG_58526.JPG
IMG_58387.JPG

No problem taking off the big fan leaves mate. You can go as far as serpent did or just allow light in. Plenty take out the bottom 1/4 or even 1/3 for great results. Its personal preferences in the end

THE GREEN RACER.

Hey man i really appreciate the help. Now that's what i did was take about 1/4 of fan leaves off just to allow more air flow and allow more light in. I am going to post pictures once i figure out how to do it properly. They look a lot thinner now but the buds are really enjoying the extra air flow and light. Now the fan leaves i cut off i am drying them. Can i use them to make bubble hash or edibles. Thanks for your help and if you can maybe explain how to add photos to one the post and second add to the gallery . Thnks bro Happy hempin

Smokie

also, have you thought of tightening them a bit by wrapping them? I regularly do this to my overly wide bushes that result in the tent, by using a binder clip on one end of a string, that I wrap around and around the plant a few times, catching all the unruly branches and tightening everything up toward the center. Not too much... you dont want to crowd things... but a couple of binder clips and some string can oftentimes get a wild plant in order so that the rest of the plants dont have to suffer. It makes the grow room look neater too, and if you add a plant stake where needed, it does a lot to help keep everyone standing upright when the buds start to take on weight.

fplants3.jpeg
plants57.jpg

The first ones are the plants before the prune the second picture is after i prune them. I had to take one plant out because there was not enough room for all three plants. it is a 3 foot by 4 foot closet and i only had three clones in there and they did not fit. now with the picture where they are pruned the one on the left is my blue lemon thai the one on the right is my blue rhino. What do you think. It is my first grow ever. I just bought a bigger tent waiting for it to arrive. This will help me on my next grow to get better results. Thans for your imput and advice. Happy hemping.

Smokie

Yea i super cropped a couple of times during veg and realized that i didn't have the room once they grew out a little bit. Next time i have to take space into account. First time grow so i'm sure i was going to run into a couple problems that has to be expected. Next do you mean just wrapping them up with sting from the bottom just lift everything into a cone shape tie it and leave it? is that what you mean. and Ph level is between 6.0 and 6.5 everytime. I feed them every three weeks and a month before i am done flowering i will flush them.i have been giving them a organic grow compound and during flower i use a organic bloom. And every so often i they get a organic molasses in with the food. They are beautiful in my eyes and are really well. I will flush like i said a month before i am done flowering. and can i use fan leaves for my hash or edibles. Thanks again. Happy hempin

Smoike

Hey there sounds like you have done your home work A+ happy harvesting. Your PH is in check nice job just out of curiosity is that run off ? Or just normal watering adjustment, and I like how you add the molasses that's good. Dont worry about the fan leaves keep the trim leaves all those are sugarcoated the fan leaves are just fillers. I harvest Zombie Kush a few months back I had popcorn nuggets and trim and I made a bunch of shatter with the purge valve came out amazing you'll be surprise how much you can get save your trim throw it in the freezer ☃

No see i learned something new i was just making sure ph leval was good goung into the plant around 6.0 and 6.5. I didn't know you were suppose to check run off. Now when i do that and check ph leval for run off. Do i want run off oh leval to be 6.0-'6-.5. Second if so and it comes out lets say 5.6 woulf i want ph thats going in to be higher thrn normal to even it off

Sent from my SPH-L710 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would never advise to check runoff... why does this make sense to you?

I look at it this way... the water that finally gets to the run off tray has had to percolate through all of that soil, collecting anything water soluble that can move along its way. By the time it gets down there it no closer resembles what is going on in the core of that container than the pH of the moon. Second, pH is a moving target... the pH of your soil drifts over time, from the moment that you apply water, BY DESIGN... so any test measurement of soil pH is simply a snapshot in time. Third, (yes, there is a third) the pH that you could measure in your soil will be different depending on where in the container you measure it. If you measure the dry soil on the top, it will have drifted up to the soil designed pH. Measure where it is moist yet, above the water table line, and it will be yet another value, and measure below the water table where it is still wet, and you will find the pH to be very near to the applied pH of the solution.
So tell me again why run off pH matters? Simply apply 6.5 pH solutions to your soil every time, and everything adjusts itself automatically, as your soil was designed to do. Not 6.0-6.5 either... 6.5, on the dot, every time... unless there is something in your soil that demands something different.

I agree with emilya. Only difference between us is i like to fluctuate my ph from 6.2 to 6.6. Just to allow different uptakes of the npk.

THE GREEN RACER.

Back
Top Bottom