Need help with setting up first grow box

BUCKER

Hi
Im working on making a stealth grow box out of and old particle board cabinet I have laying around. This will be my first ever grow so I have no real idea what im doing but the boxes demesions are L=17"1/2 W=14" 1/2 H=43". My plan is to just grow one plant unless you guys think its possible to grow more than 1 in that small amount of space. For lights I'm thinking about running 4 50watt iTimmo lights equaling up to 200 watts. Thats about as far as I've gotton. I wanna put fans in it to pull air in and push it out through a carbon scrubber to mask the smell but i have no idea what are good ones to get for the size of the space that im working with. Any imput would be very much appreciated..
420-magazine-mobile1936661401.jpg
420-magazine-mobile627798462.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2107352481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile837352060.jpg

You can look thru my Anti Journal linky in my sig, as I was growing in a cabinet (fixed up my shed now, so bigger space). The carbon prefilter stuff you can cut to fit that I used doesn't cover the whole smell so if that an issue might have to try something different, as smell not so much an issue here as they were outside in my shed and it is legal here (just various rules involved).

False floor for passive intake/light trap. Insulate and blackout a portion of the top for lights/controls and scrubber/fan. Pull air from floor -> box -> control box-> fan -> scrubber. Unless your not worried about looks then you could really get creative

At best I would use that as a sprouting/veg cabinet. I don't think it's going to be effective for a full grow.

Consider how your lights would for and how fast can you get them from your plants when it gets bigger. The container to grow them in will take up space as well. Doesn't leave you much room. If it's particle board, are you sure it's pest free?

Not trying to discourage you, I just don't want you to Macguyver the hell out of that cabinet and then be disappointed.

The box we posted a picture of is too small for us even. We just use for veg, so yours being smaller is pretty small, but you could still have success with a soil grown, cfl lit plant that's very small, 12/12 from seed, an indica with lots of low stress training and maybe you will be successful. Do what we did, start a grow in it and when you realize you want to go bigger, find an armoire lol

Back
Top Bottom