Need help with top feed, drip system, in coco pots

HotLooSey

OK. I need some ideas for a top feeding drip system, and here are some details.

BioBizz coco

3 gallon pots in 3x6 tray setup to drain the excess. 21 plants in each 3x6 tray, 4 trays.

Using Organic nutes with Iguana Juice as my base nutrient.

I want the system to come on a few times a day and put out enough water to keep coco damp/wet. i'll figure that part out but need help with design.

Reservoir size? Probably need one for each tray.

Pump and timer?

Can't use irrigation emitters as they will clog with the organics. So, run tubing, right? What size 1/8" or 1/4" but don't want the fittings to clog.

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS SORT OF THING AND WILLING TO HELP?

BioBizz coco

3 gallon pots in 3x6 tray setup to drain the excess. 21 plants in each 3x6 tray, 4 trays.

I want the system to come on a few times a day and put out enough water to keep coco damp/wet. i'll figure that part out but need help with design.

Pump and timer?

Can't use irrigation emitters as they will clog with the organics. So, run tubing, right? What size 1/8" or 1/4" but don't want the fittings to clog.

I can help to some degree to get it started. Ive used drippers in small systems and also used flood tables...its easy enough to marry them.
I would use 4 50 gal resovoirs...1 per tray
264 GPH pump 1 per res keep 2 extra pumps at all times.
1 timer per pump keep a backup timer
1/4" lines..they wont clog....as long as you do normal maintence...I.E water changes weekly
try 6 times for 15 mins evenly spaced

I had a 2 ltr bottle setup i used a few years ago (hydroponicsonline.com) for my hydro peppers. The first year i used it as flood and drain with good results.
The second year i started with 1 gl per hour drippers. Lot of problems with clogs, so i pulled the drippers of and just used the 1/8 inch feed line and the plants grew fantastic. I added an inline shutoff valve and tweaked it to just the flow i wanted.

BioBizz coco

Pump and timer?

Okay while not using coco you could use the same basic set up as myself I am using a 3 x 4 table with 3 4' x 6" slabs of rockwool with 5 3 inch cubes on each slab basically this is the same as your coco from there I use a 25gal res and a 75gph pump setup to come on 6 times per day for 30 minutes I go with a longer irrigation due to the smaller pump. So for what you have in mind you could go with 25 gal rez's per table but to be honest the bigger the rez the longer the nutrient solution will stay viable and it will also maintain its ph buffer and ppm levels for a longer time. But if your changing your rez every week basically I go with a rez that holds 1.5 gall;s of water per plant but I do grow a sog with the clones going to flower after 10-14 days of being put on the table so they dont get much bigger then 24" -30 inches in height.
Here is a quick look at how my table is set up wich would be quite similar to what you intend just with lots more growing medium in your system and just a basica 1/8 inch line running to each pot from the manifold which I would suggest using a 1/2" garden hose for.
15_site_drip_table_5_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom