Need help with Transplanting my Clones from Soil too DWC 5

PhilPebbles

Right now I am on my 1st soil grow using the scrog method here is a pic of it..
IMAG11574.jpg

I have a few clones from these bad boys that are in soil & I wanna transplant them into my 5 gallon DWC set up i made. Ive never done this (DWC, Hydro,etc..) and i have done alot of reading but not much out there on this topic (transplanting from soil to DWC Clay Pebles) that I could find yet so i thought i would ask the Pros to jump in and help a future DWC 420 buddy out?

Here is what Im using;
6" net pots Black 5 gal bucket, blk lid, 20-60 Aquarium air pump & 5" stones across the bottom.Bag of Clay Pebbles

I have Fox Farms Grow Big, I have my ppm digital meter, PH tester (not digital) drops in a tube style? ok or not?
Im not sure what strength nutes I should start off with etc..?? PH?? PPM??
Wash Pebbles before using out of bag?

IMAG11192.jpg
:420:
All advice is welcome..Thanks everyone..

Happy Trails :) :)

howsit bro,

i just transplanted 4 cuttings from soil to a top feed drip system and its no big thing really. wash the roots thoroughly with cold water, this also acts to anaesthetize the roots and plant, just wash very gently with a nice shower stream of water if you have a multi attachment nozzle- i mean one you can rotate around to get a shower/mist/jet/flood etc but if you dont have one of these its no biggy just wash thoroughly making sure you get as much soil medium out of the root system as possible so you dont block up your irrigation tubing, water pump etc... one way to overcome this is to use 'pot socks' or even a womans stocking/nylon to wrap over outlets water pump etc protecting them from any debris that might come through.

just try putting them deep enough so that the roots are well covered and wont get any light penetrating through to them... 1-2 inches SHOULD suffice but if you feel you need to go deeper then no worries... it kinda depends also on how your clones are cropped and how low the lats are on you clones, if they are relatively low to the root system then you MAY need to trim off as much as poss and plant them deeper.

hope this helps a little!!? and good luck on your transplanting!

:Namaste:

liquid ph testing kit is fine bro, they are quite accurate- just 3/4 fill vessel and add a drop of the ph test to it, shake and watch it change! give it a few minutes to make sure it stays the same colour and you're away!

i reckon just go with the feeding shedule provided by your nute products... should be something on the back which mentions some form of feeding schedule?? otherwise start off cool with something around 1.2-1.5 ec/12-15cf (assuming you have already transplanted your cuttings into your hydro system) and move up after 2-3 weeks to 1.8-1.9ec/18-19cf and then upto 2.2-2.4ec/22-24cf when moving into flowering.. this is just a general guideline tho bro as you can also add things like "nitrozome"(or some such additive) to vegetative stage for added N and trace elements and "headmaster" or 'flower boost nutes' for your budding stage.. but sticking with a nice easy feeding schedule should see you right.

peace!

Back
Top Bottom