Need Help Ya'll. Please Look

Giantsfan24

If you take a look at my grow, you'll see that I have three plants. Two in smart pots and one hempy bucket I added later as an experiment.

I'm growing indicas, GDP, and the two in smart pots have gotten really bushy and full of bud sites.

The hempy bucket, while healthy, I'm afraid it taking up more space than her yield will produce. I'm dealing with humidity issues right now and am trying to ward off powdery mildew.

While I haven't allowed the issue to get out of control, it's clear that I need to do all that I can to make sure that I don't lose the harvest.

I've got great ventilation, have added an additional oscillating fan, damp rid, I've got a dehumidifier coming...nothing is seeming to make ANY difference at all.

So that leaves me with trimming which I'm halfway through right now. I know this will help. I'm taking large fan leaves low that aren't getting much light anyway. I hate to do that but I feel like I must to create some more airflow.

I'm considering taking out the hempy bucket and pulling the plant. (unless someone in the Sacramento area would like a plant! Prescription required!)

Your thoughts?? Thanks for the help.

:Namaste:

Re: Need help ya'll...please look ;-)

Try a sulfur burner to help kill the powdery mildew. If you can't buy one there's a great tutorial on how to build one in the DIY section.
(Sorry I'm new and don't know how to post links yet)

As for your humidity problem what's your RH outside the grow space? If it's lower then inside try more ventilation. It's it's the same then there's not much you can do without a dehumidifier

Try a sulfur burner to help kill the powdery mildew. If you can't buy one there's a great tutorial on how to build one in the DIY section.
(Sorry I'm new and don't know how to post links yet)

As for your humidity problem what's your RH outside the grow space? If it's lower then inside try more ventilation. It's it's the same then there's not much you can do without a dehumidifier

Actually it's lower inside the box except when the lights go off then its about the same.

:peacetwo:

While you wait for your dehumidifier try this if you have the stuff laying around. A bucket, a fan rufly the same diameter as the bucket, a screen straner rufly the same size as the bucket, duct-tape and some white rice.

First place the straner in the bucket and mark where the top of it is on the outside of it(if you can leave space between the bottom of the bucket and the bottom of the straner this will work better).

Then drill holes in the bucket under the line. Put the straner back in the bucket and duct-tape the edges of the straner to the bucket to seal it. Fill the straner with the white rice(the more the better). Then place the fan on the top of the bucket(pulling air threw the rice). Tape the fan to the bucket and it's done.

As the air passes through the rice the rice will absorb some of the moisture. Hope this helps

While you wait for your dehumidifier try this if you have the stuff laying around. A bucket, a fan rufly the same diameter as the bucket, a screen straner rufly the same size as the bucket, duct-tape and some white rice.

First place the straner in the bucket and mark where the top of it is on the outside of it(if you can leave space between the bottom of the bucket and the bottom of the straner this will work better).

Then drill holes in the bucket under the line. Put the straner back in the bucket and duct-tape the edges of the straner to the bucket to seal it. Fill the straner with the white rice(the more the better). Then place the fan on the top of the bucket(pulling air threw the rice). Tape the fan to the bucket and it's done.

As the air passes through the rice the rice will absorb some of the moisture. Hope this helps

Good idea, just tried exactly that. Connected a dryer hose to the fan, created just the bucket you described. Used kitty litter and silica crystals to no avail.

Thank you so much for your post though. I really appreciate it.

It might take a cupple of hours to bring the rh down. I'd let in run for awhile.

I did it overnight. No change at all which frankly surprised the shit out of me. I thought for sure it would work. I've got a hempy bucket in my box and I think that's really the culprit but who knows.

I just posted in my journal today's travails with the box and mods I've made to battle the humidity beast. Check it and let me know what you think.

If you have an old towel cut a strip out the same size as the intake on your 14" tower fan and tape over it. Might help a little. Also try covering the top of the hempy pot with a towel during lights off( don't know if this is a bad idea) should help if the culprit is the hempy pot

how did it end out man, just wondering cause i fought it off with the sulfer burner, it works real good. i dont even know what my humudity runs lol. good luck man, your pics look good on this end :)

how did it end out man, just wondering cause i fought it off with the sulfer burner, it works real good. i dont even know what my humudity runs lol. good luck man, your pics look good on this end :)

It's worked out very well. I got some "safer" sulpher spray. 2 treatments and I haven't seen any more mold.

way cool man, where did u get the spray? dont give up on the spray, if u had it u still do, its spring and the spores come out. if it has a maitnence spray mix that at half. for some reason all the stuff ment for outdoors is way to strong for indoor :}

Back
Top Bottom