Need help!

CadillacMike

Okay, i have a few small plants that are developing severe leaf twist. Like i said in my journal, this happened in my soil plants early days but it was due to low ph. as far as this goes for Deep Water Culture, i dont know. My ph has been betwwen 5.8-6.2. Any help will be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

More than likely a magnesium deficiency. Add some cal-mag and see them go back normal. This happened to me as well in the beginning and upon using some cal-mag they went straight. You can see in this old picture where they are twisting. I actually let it ride a bit and they almost completely wrapped themselves like a big hug! Straightened out though once cal-mag was brought in to the equation. Plants loved it.
IMG_24821.JPG

Thanks for the tip Jawason. I am using cal-max along with my other nutes. Maybe im not using enough. It says to use 5ml per gal. Since im rocking a 6 gal tank should i use 30 ml or is that too much along side all my other nutrients and enhancers? How much did you use?

Thanks for the tip Jawason. I am using cal-max along with my other nutes. Maybe im not using enough. It says to use 5ml per gal. Since im rocking a 6 gal tank should i use 30 ml or is that too much along side all my other nutrients and enhancers? How much did you use?

Well I have tried it a couple ways.... once I used the suggested amount on the bottle....shot PPMs up like a mofo', it worked but had me nervous. So now I only use half strength. Works for me. I would start on the lower end of things and work up.

On another note, I know you are using all the GH lineup. Saw your question about using them all or if it's necessary to do so. I personally do not think they are all necessary Cadillac. Like the sweeteners and such, not necessary. Every time I use the Floranectar I get algea/slime build up, EVERY TIME and ONLY WHEN I USE THAT! But that's just been my experience.
I am going to purchase some Floralicious Plus and Florablend... but right now I only use Micro, Grow, Bloom, Koolbloom and Cal-mag.
For this grow I have not added H2O2 or SM-90 or any other preventative chemicals. I will never use FloraNectar and do not really wanna have to resort to the "zymes" or h2o2. Just really basic right now.

Hey Jawasan, when i did the res change last night, i did notice a pretty good build up of crap. Im not sure if it was algea, but there was some shyt to clean definately. I hadn't even added the flora nector yet, maybe ill just hold off on that stuff till mid way through. The Cal-Max, I added another 10ml to each res last night after your comment. I woke up and they seem to be doing fine. Leaves still twisted, but not any worse, and the real healthy ones looked even healthier. I will check the ppm later on this afternoon. Thanks bro!

Cadillac,
If your res is light tight, and you have been keeping things clean, not introducing pathogens to the res (like eating some chicken and then dipping greasy or dirty hands in res to check stuff out for whatever reason, or just cleaned bathroom and then check your res numbers, stuff like that), no vegetation dead in the water... but if you have been keeping proper then the only thing I can think of is the additives.
Maybe just introduce them one at a time, watch over a couple days, add another, etc.... You have to really be careful about mixing organic and chems together, can lead to crap building up in res. If I give any more info it would just be speculation due to my inexperience.

Let me ask you this.... do you need the hygrozyme and such right now? I know it can be easy to get caught up in buying shit thinking "Oh I will need this!!" or sometimes trying to nip a problem before it even exists? Like adding h2o2/peroxide and the likes. I would say back off anything but the basics and reintroduce them one at a time and see if any crap builds up.
Sorry i am not much more help, but I am sure the "elders" (not as in old farts!!) have been looking and if I am too far off track they will pitch in promptly.

Jawasan, i will do what you suggested on the next change. The only things that i am adding that are questionable is Flora blend, Hygrozyme, and the nector. I was under the assumption that the hygrozyme, keeps your roots white and clean, as of now they currently are. The Flora blend is strange. It has all kinds of debre in it. I have to strain it before i add it because of all the shyt in it. Do you know if flora blend is always that earthy, or did i get some bammer blend?lol. Thanks again for your input.

Hey Jawasan, when i did the res change last night, i did notice a pretty good build up of crap. Im not sure if it was algea, but there was some shyt to clean definately. I hadn't even added the flora nector yet, maybe ill just hold off on that stuff till mid way through. The Cal-Max, I added another 10ml to each res last night after your comment. I woke up and they seem to be doing fine. Leaves still twisted, but not any worse, and the real healthy ones looked even healthier. I will check the ppm later on this afternoon. Thanks bro!

Hey Mike
Your little girls are still tiny so you want to keep your nutes at half strength for a couple of weeks. Your ph should be between 5.5 anf 5.8...it;s best to keep it closer to 5.5 during veg and then let it drift up to 5.8 at most 5.9 during flowering so to make more phosphorus available. Sorry jawasan but I disagree with your take on h202. MJ loves it. to be specific the roots love it. It keeps them nice and clean and oxygenates them along with keeping your rez cleaner. You can not "cure" pythium. It is a bacteria. It is always present.
You can prevent and "cure" the symptoms of a pythium infection. Try to change your rez once a week, h202 everyday and check your ph and ec reading daily to make sure the girls are liking it. Some of the links in my sig should help. BTW I do agree with J on one thing and that's to keep it simple...other then a bloom additive which I can't even tell you if it makes a diff. is the only thing I use..besides the grow and bloom nutes. everything their just taking your money...like the hydrozyme...guaranteed it's just hydrogen peroxide and of course they add some crap to it to make it sound better to use. JMHO

Could it be as simple as low humidity? I've seen that happen in veg when he room was at like 25 or so percent.

Could it be as simple as low humidity? I've seen that happen in veg when he room was at like 25 or so percent.

High Humidity causes mold issues and mites love low humidity but it wont cause leaf twisting. Mites will cause leave twisting once they start their webs, thats why when you first see signs you should mist them to see if there are any webs

Hey Mike
Your little girls are still tiny so you want to keep your nutes at half strength for a couple of weeks. Your ph should be between 5.5 anf 5.8...it;s best to keep it closer to 5.5 during veg and then let it drift up to 5.8 at most 5.9 during flowering so to make more phosphorus available. Sorry jawasan but I disagree with your take on h202. MJ loves it. to be specific the roots love it. It keeps them nice and clean and oxygenates them along with keeping your rez cleaner. You can not "cure" pythium. It is a bacteria. It is always present.
You can prevent and "cure" the symptoms of a pythium infection. Try to change your rez once a week, h202 everyday and check your ph and ec reading daily to make sure the girls are liking it. Some of the links in my sig should help. BTW I do agree with J on one thing and that's to keep it simple...other then a bloom additive which I can't even tell you if it makes a diff. is the only thing I use..besides the grow and bloom nutes. everything their just taking your money...like the hydrozyme...guaranteed it's just hydrogen peroxide and of course they add some crap to it to make it sound better to use. JMHO

Thx ledtester for jumpin' in. I was about at my max on info! lol
Now see, I had been thinking I should only introduce the H2O2 if I had water temp problems or algea/crud buildup. Good to know and thank you. :)
The learning never stops.

High Humidity causes mold issues and mites love low humidity but it wont cause leaf twisting. Mites will cause leave twisting once they start their webs, thats why when you first see signs you should mist them to see if there are any webs

I did not know mites did that either? Thanks again ledtester. +Rep!

:thumb:

Hay Cadillacmike, if your using GH nutrients I would suggest you use the GH calculater here is the link GENERAL HYDROPONICS this will take you directly to the calculater it will help keep you on track with your nutrients stick with the calculater and you can't miss. Punch in your gallons going in the Res Tank and the product name it does the rest just follow the mix chart, it also will set for agressive mixing.

I wouldn't get agressive with the nutes till there mid way in veg but that's only my opinion if this is your first grow in bubble don't try an push them yet, get your feet under you first, the ph 5.8 to 6.2 isn't bad but should be around 5.8 and progress up as they grow through the cycles (seedling, Veg Flower), some may feel 5.5 is better and for some strains maybe the best but not all! I use GH you shouldn't have a PH problem, with mine it ph's at 6.2 with the tap water ph of 7.4-7.8, don't use additives til later on.

Keep your head! if you don't get answers here research it.

Everybodies right in one way or another.

GOOD LUCK
Doctor Who :thumb:

Thanks for your tips Dr.Who! I think the nute calculater is a little high for gh. Im a newbie, dont get me wrong but 1050 ppm for mild growth doesnt seem right if i were to be following Rosemans feeding tutorial. About three days ago i added a full dose of nutes that was 30ml Grow, 15 micro, and 15 bloom, and of course some calmax and superthrive. I got a great boost, but now entering my 16 day of veg, some look a little pointed downward. Only 1 has a slight tip burn. Over all they look pretty green. My PH fluctuates from 5.6-6.2 kreeping up not down. PPM is @ 550 and 125 of that is my tap water. Does this sound about right or should i back off on the nutes? Heres a couple shots of them, the rest can be found in my first grow thread if you need more looks. Thanks to anyone who wants to chime in!

DSC002601.JPG

DSC00261.JPG

DSC002622.JPG

Am I just over-analyzing like i do to everything!:roorrip:

they look good cadi , i use the gh cal, and it seems to do just fine ive never been over 1200 ppms i also have hard water but as your grow well grows , youll start to drop the ppms im at like 950 for the bloomin

my roots are WHITE , WHITE so if it has for others it hasnt for me . im in flower week two yet so its wrkd well for me though . id like to try somethan new on my next grow prob try fix farm..?

Back
Top Bottom