Need help!

Ok sorry. I wanted to post pics so it wudve been easier for everyone. Im in the 3rd week of flowering and my plant has pistils growing on one side of the stem and a cluster of balls on the other side of it. This is my first grow btw.

Ok sorry. I wanted to post pics so it wudve been easier for everyone. Im in the 3rd week of flowering and my plant has pistils growing on one side of the stem and a cluster of balls on the other side of it. This is my first grow btw.

Post some pics if you can please. Use the "Gallery" button in the tabs on the main page.

I too would like to see a picture just to verify that you are seeing what you think you are seeing, because this sort of situation is pretty rare, and usually would only be caused by something extraordinarily stressful on the hermi side of the plant, something so extraordinary that you would know that you had been stressing her.

On the other hand, if you truly do have a strong hermaphodite here, you have a treasure chest in front of you. If that plant is truly producing both male and female flowers, every seed that results will be a feminized seed, not having any of the male chromosomes in its DNA.

Let's see what we are dealing with first, and then we can discuss what your best options are. Do you have any other plants in the room that will be affected by this? Where is this plant located, is there a strong light leak somewhere? Was this bagseed or known good genetics?

On the other hand, if you truly do have a strong hermaphodite here, you have a treasure chest in front of you. If that plant is truly producing both male and female flowers, every seed that results will be a feminized seed, not having any of the male chromosomes in its DNA.

Not sure if I would call it a treasure chest having herm tendencies. That part of the DNA will pass on will it not? I think anything that is a natural herm or a plant that herms with little stress should be killed.

Not sure if I would call it a treasure chest having herm tendencies. That part of the DNA will pass on will it not? I think anything that is a natural herm or a plant that herms with little stress should be killed.

Definitely why I am asking about the stress... if it is something that can easily be avoided like a light leak, this trait can be taken advantage of, but yes, if it is just a low life genetic bag seed, it would indeed be best to call it quits and try again... that is if the OP is really seeing what he thinks he is. :)

IMG_20151017_132315.jpg
IMG_20151017_132315.jpg
IMG_20151017_132315.jpg

Can anyone tell me what she is. Forgot to mention that the other side had ball too but it turned into pistils.
\

She is marijuana. Out of the thousands of varieties now on the market, there is no way someone is going to be able to recognize a specific one, especially under red light.

And yes, it does look like you have both genders going on here but let's not be so hasty. Seed pods are part of the female plant, but they do not have to be pollinated and develop seeds in them, in a sensimilla plant they swell up and have oil in them, no seeds. I would relax a bit, and come in once a day and see if any of these turn into clusters and start looking like they are going to open up little white flowers... if that happens it is definitely a hermie and it is time to either get rid of it or plan to develop feminized seeds, but as was said above, only if you can clearly identify the stressor that caused this to happen.

I think it is too early to freak just yet... but I do give you credit for being super observant. Keep this up, and lets see what develops in the next week.

Ok thanks. I did pick one of those off today to see if there was any seeds forming in it but when I squeezed it just oil came out so I belive you're right. Now I feel like I can relax some.

That's definitely a hermaphrodite. Personally, I would treat is a male and chop it.

That's the most hermie I've ever seen. I'd cull it ... or grow seeds, but they'd be likely hermies too.

Back
Top Bottom